• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Football Coaching Carousel: Southern Miss HC to Tampa Bay

Miami just not the job it once was back in their hey day. Terrible stadium situation and too many big time NFL guys chiming in on how things ought to be run. And in today's times they can't do it that way anymore. Donna Shalala served as school president from 2001-2015 [until she suffered a stroke in Sept] and raised them to #51 in the US News rankings of universities [they peaked at #38 in 2012]. They are in the center of big time talent from Florida but can't quite get them all in like they used to. Their mid-range SAT scores are from 1220-1420. Times have changed for The U.

You realize you're talking about having a Top 15 class versus a Top 5 class? It is still a rare event for them to have a class outside the Top 25.

The right coach easily gets them back to having Top 10 classes annually.

I'm guessing Bill O'Brien will be available again, if anybody wants him.

No way O'Brien is out after two years, but I could see Romeo Crennel hitting the road. Their defense has been putrid.

No way O'Brien is out after two years, but I could see Romeo Crennel hitting the road. Their defense has been putrid.

Romeo needs to teach his defense to defend with the tenacity he defends his dinner plate.

64971810.jpg

The falloff on the D from GOAT Wade to Romes has been staggering

1 step ahead of the lynch mob. It would be a smart move by Richt.

Hard to imagine Richt survives, so there is very good chance he ends up at an ACC program whether that is Miami or one of the Virginia schools.

After watching Miami rack up over 20 penalties for nearly 200 yds it's clear how bad a coach Al Golden was. Most undisciplined ill-coached exhibition of football I've seen in quite some time. Only raw athleticism had them in the game.

the U has been racking up penalties (in and out of games) for 30 years. can't blame golden for that.

Beamer retiring at season's end. Just a remarkable amount of turnover taking place heading into next season

Beamer retiring at season's end. Just a remarkable amount of turnover taking place heading into next season

Honestly, losing a few of these close games may be a blessing in disguise. if we had pulled some out and were bowling this year, Clawson could be poached.

Just noticed that Norm Chow got fired at Hawaii. Evidently June Jones has been living back out there for the past year or so and is interested in coaching there again. Maybe he can pull a Bill Snyder out there.

June jones is still alive? What's that dude like 100?!

June jones is still alive? What's that dude like 100?!

That guy has meant more to college football than you'll ever mean to anything or anybody. So why do you want to mock him for being older than alot of people?

You know nothing about college football.

2015 Football Coaching Carousel: Frank Beamer Retiring

That guy has meant more to college football than you'll ever mean to anything or anybody. So why do you want to mock him for being older than alot of people?

You know nothing about college football.

Atleast I can tell my head from my asshole. You not so much.

Edit: damn, I fed the troll.

My head from my asshole? Really, that's not even hard. Did you go to Wake Forest to learn that?

Are you so Buzz Out that you still need that picture as your avatar? He's been gone for almost 18 months.

Let's have a bet. If Harry Giles goes to Wake, you can choose my avatar for two weeks. If he goes to any other school, I choose yours for a week.

Back