• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Football Coaching Carousel: Southern Miss HC to Tampa Bay

Potential P5 job openings after the season:

UVA
VT (probably not, but Beamer is on his last legs, or should I say last neck)
Miami
Texas (Strong probably gets another year; they will hire a new AD, and then he will hire a new coach next year)
K State (Bill Snyder is 75, at some point, he has to retire... again)
Maryland
Rutgers
Illinois
Purdue
Colorado
USC
S. Carolina
Georgia (Does Richt survive a 7-5 or even 8-4 season?)
Tennessee (Does Butch Jones survive a 7-5 or even 8-4 season?)

Non P5 jobs that may be open:

UCF
USF
N. Texas
UTSA
Miami (o)
New Mexico
Hawaii
Fresno St.
New Mexico St.
Idaho
Texas State
Georgia State

Strong did himself a lot of good beating OU Saturday. If he finishes this year out decent and has a "strong" season next year, he'll be okay.

Same with Taggart at USF by pounding Cuse at Homecoming.

Maryland president to Baltimore Sun about coaching vacancy: "Chip Kelly, who is not doing all that well w/Philadelphia Eagles …"

Obviously the Eagles could match any offer whatsoever though.

If UnderArmour ponies up some coin, they can offer him FU type money.

I understand, but I also don't think Kelly will want to build a program from the ground up. he'll go to USC (real one, fuck off South Carolina) or Texas if he leaves the NFL.

I noticed TITSWF asked this question on Twitter last night and think it's a pretty good one. Which is a better job: South Carolina or Maryland?

Probably whichever one pays better.

But at the end of the day, UMD is not overcoming the other teams in their division: Ohio State, Michigan State, Penn State, and Michigan; in the same year on anything resembling what someone might consider a consistent basis.

It's been a couple of times done at USC. I think Clemson might be the bigger problem for the Cocks right now than the SEC East.

Historically (and definitely pre-Spurrier), it was MD believe it or not. Currently, MD has the Under Armour deal as an advantage, but has recruiting disadvantages and an athletic department that is still trying to pull itself out of a hole. It also plays in a much smaller stadium.

SC is in a better recruiting spot and Spurrier has made that job much more attractive than it was before he arrived. SC's down side is that it is a historically bad program that many coaches regard with suspicion. Recruiting against its rivals in the SEC is difficult and it probably isn't even the premier program in its state.

I guess if the goal is to win a national championship, you are more likely to get there with SC than with MD, but both have inflated senses of their rank in relation to their peers.

I know the big argument for UMD is Under Armour, but SEC Network/bowl $ is nice too.

Lane Kiffin to South Carolina as head coach, Sarkisian as his OC.

Thats the only way this can play out. It has to happen that way.

I predict the Oklahoma job is available by the end of the year. At least 4 losses in store for Stoops after the 5 loss debacle last year. The natives are restless and recruiting has fallen off. Stoops hasn't had any fire in his belly for a while now.

No one wants to coach freaking Maryland, SC is a way better job

Back