• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Seth Rollins out 6-9 Months with Torn ACL

This event could definitely use a Shane O'Mac appearance. Additionally if there was ever a time to back up the truck for CM Punk now would be pretty opportune.

Don't hold your breath about The Rock (insurance issues), Punk (ready to start his UFC career), and Shane has distanced himself from the family biz.

Agree, the RR field kind of sucks! Though sure Vince will have a few surprises, as usual...maybe some names from the past who make a quick cameo and def the return of HHH who has been suspiciously absent from the cameras of late.....

Rumors out there that they are trying to twist HBK's arm to come back. He seems pretty committed to retirement via the Twitters.

Sidenote: met Marc Mero at a conference last week. He was a keynote speaker, and it did not seem to go as planned. Basically expected to tell his life story, but ended with an alter call. It was really weird.

You forgot about AJ Styles likely being in the Rumble. I agree it looks bad, but they have been pulling out some good ppvs lately, even though a lot of the weekly shows have been garbage. It won't really matter so long as Becky Lynch rips Charlotte's arm off en route to the title. I'm pretty excited for the rest of the Bullet Club and Nakamura, but they probably won't show up until WM or after.

You forgot about AJ Styles likely being in the Rumble. I agree it looks bad, but they have been pulling out some good ppvs lately, even though a lot of the weekly shows have been garbage. It won't really matter so long as Becky Lynch rips Charlotte's arm off en route to the title. I'm pretty excited for the rest of the Bullet Club and Nakamura, but they probably won't show up until WM or after.

Speaking of the Bullet Club, this Kenny Omega entrance is so ridiculous, love it.

Yeah I wonder if they are gonna do a takeover angle with the Bullet Club. They are pulling in a ton of talent from outside the company.

Royal Rumble this Sunday.

The field looks like it is gonna be all time shitty. Tons of dudes are hurt. Roman Reigns, the current champ has to win the Rumble to retain the belt and he is the #1 entrant.

Current announced entrants are:
Big Show
Curtis Axel
Bray Wyatt
Braun Strowman
Luke Harper
Erick Rowan
Ryback
Dolph Ziggler
Chris Jericho
Roman Reigns (champ)
Brock Lesnar
Stardust
Sheamus
R-Truth
Mark Henry
Neville
Titus O'Neil

People very likely to participate:
Triple H
Kane

People on the card elsewhere likely to participate
Kevin Owens
Dean Ambrose
Alberto Del Rio
New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods)

Possible Entrants
The Undertaker
The Rock?!?!?!

These are the guys injured and unable to participate
John Cena
Daniel Bryan
Cesaro
Randy Orton
Sting
Seth Rollins
Tyson Kidd

You forgot about Rusev and Wade Barrett for people very likely to participate. My current crazy theory is that because the League of Nations doesn't technically have a leader that it will turn out that Chris Jericho (Canadian) has become the leader of the League of Nations and he'll win the Rumble by turning on Reigns.

Some rumors that Rusev and Barrett are dealing with injury, but they probably will be in there. The LoN was a decent idea, but they are just high level jobbers right now. I think coming out of this we will have Reigns-HHH, Lesnar-Wyatt, and Jericho-Ambrose heading towards Wrestlemania. Unfortunately, that leaves KO as the odd man out, and he really should be a focal point.

ETA: Unless we get Styles-KO, then holy shit am I in.

Some rumors that Rusev and Barrett are dealing with injury, but they probably will be in there. The LoN was a decent idea, but they are just high level jobbers right now. I think coming out of this we will have Reigns-HHH, Lesnar-Wyatt, and Jericho-Ambrose heading towards Wrestlemania. Unfortunately, that leaves KO as the odd man out, and he really should be a focal point.

ETA: Unless we get Styles-KO, then holy shit am I in.

I wish they would stop screwing up good stables. League of Nations has so much potential and Barrett has been at his finest whenever he is part of a group.

I think it definitely goes HHH winning this thing setting up Trips vs Reigns in Wrestlemania. I think the question is how they get there...

I think the fact that this PPV is in Orlando opens a lot of things up. The performance center is in Orlando...so you can get anyone to the show at minimal effort. I think AJ Styles being in is a given, but i don't know how big a deal that is outside of Smarkland...

Also, not sure it's a given that Orton is out...things have been quiet on his recovery lately.

So...is the whole Daniel Bryan getting cleared thing getting a little too much publicity ? Could it be a work for him to come back at RR ?
Heard great crazy idea re: Bryan on Cheap Heat podcast. It's down to HHH and Reigns. DB music hits and he comes out to the most absurd pop you can imagine. Reigns smirks... Bryan drops the running knee on him in surprise, Reigns gets tossed over and Bryan throws himself out. Aligning with HHH as the guy who cleared him to come back... I love the idea... sadly will never happen.

I think it is a decent possibility that neither Reigns nor HHH leave with the title. Maybe there are some shenanigans that result in Reigns and HHH fighting on the outside and disregarding the actual match. They have really tried to reverse field on the Wyatts this past week, and while they haven't built him back up yet, maybe Bray comes out with the title after Strouman eliminates himself at the end. Hopefully they will look to the Women's Battle Royal on NXT a couple weeks ago for some booking tips. They came out of that match with several ready made storylines.

On a different note, El Rey network is running every episode of Lucha Underground starting Sunday morning. The new season starts Wednesday night, so if you haven't seen it before, I highly recommend checking it out.

Thinking about a Lesnar-Wyatt feud... The back and forth between Wyatt and Paul Heyman would make that entire feud worth it... it would be insane

On a different note, El Rey network is running every episode of Lucha Underground starting Sunday morning. The new season starts Wednesday night, so if you haven't seen it before, I highly recommend checking it out.

If you don't want to watch all the episodes this is a nice quick recap:

Was at a friends birthday party with one of the Ascension last night. Said to expect some surprises out of the Rumble...wasn't specific but mentioned that Vince knows they need to get tonight very right.

Was at a friends birthday party with one of the Ascension last night. Said to expect some surprises out of the Rumble...wasn't specific but mentioned that Vince knows they need to get tonight very right.

You mean the Hardy Boyz are back?

It's expected that AJ Styles will be there. Stone Cold, The Rock, or Goldberg would be a big deal as would the return of Daniel Bryan or CM Punk.

It's expected that AJ Styles will be there. Stone Cold, The Rock, or Goldberg would be a big deal as would the return of Daniel Bryan or CM Punk.

I do expect Styles, but any more than an appearance by Rock or Stone Cold is out of the question. No chance of anything with Punk. Bryan would be a huge mistake unless he wins the Rumble... remember what happened last year.

Disagree on Bryan. Circumstances are so different than even him getting in symbolizing he's cleared and back would be huge

Back