• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Will Win the Nomination

What does Trump have to gain by going after Elizabeth Warren? Is he going to do this nickname thing for everyone that attacks him? Can't wait to see what he comes up with for the Obamas and Biden.

Warren is a joke. Why doesn't the left seem bothered she lied about her background to get special treatment? I am blown away by the indifference. Am I missing something here? I am honestly asking.

Warren is a joke. Why doesn't the left seem bothered she lied about her background to get special treatment? I am blown away by the indifference. Am I missing something here? I am honestly asking.

Are her lies better or worse than Trump's lies to get special treatment? Or Cheney's lies to get out of Vietnam?

Politicians lie. They are imperfect people. If people agree with a politician's message, they will put up with lies. If they don't agree with the message, they will use the lies to discredit the politician's message. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I don't know if it was posted here or I read it elsewhere, but I read a lengthy article about Trump and the female issue. Specifically it's relevant to issues with Megyn Kelly, Elizabeth Warren, and I think to a lesser degree Michelle Fields. The theory is that Trump never dealt with insecurities from his younger years and as such has major issues with rejection from women. He gets into verbal spars with men, but it doesn't really get under his skin - insofar as he just stands there nonchalantly while other men stammer and try and argue with him and he looks calm and collected (see: all GOP debates). The flip side of this is whenever a woman attacks him he takes it personally and goes to lengths to defend his own position (and perceived "shortcomings" in the eyes of women) instead of maintaining his calm and collected aggressive style. About the only thing that Trump took personal affront to from men in the debates was the whole tiny hands issue implying literal shortcomings in other areas. He lost his cool on that and looked foolish. It gets at the same issue: potential rejection from women.

Warren is bringing out a different Trump than we've seen and it will be interesting to see how Trump handles running against Clinton when they both start throwing haymakers.

Are her lies better or worse than Trump's lies to get special treatment? Or Cheney's lies to get out of Vietnam?

Politicians lie. They are imperfect people. If people agree with a politician's message, they will put up with lies. If they don't agree with the message, they will use the lies to discredit the politician's message. Lather, rinse, repeat.

My impression was that Warren's Native American background was a family lie she had no reason not to believe. Is that true or not?

My impression was that Warren's Native American background was a family lie she had no reason not to believe. Is that true or not?

Yeah while a lie is a lie, I think intent to deceive matters in gauging character of the person telling the lie. The story I heard when she first came onto the scene and this was an issue, was that one of her grandparents told the story frequently and it was part of family lore. Who knows if that's true? It may be completely false. I've got no idea.

I don't know if it was posted here or I read it elsewhere, but I read a lengthy article about Trump and the female issue. Specifically it's relevant to issues with Megyn Kelly, Elizabeth Warren, and I think to a lesser degree Michelle Fields. The theory is that Trump never dealt with insecurities from his younger years and as such has major issues with rejection from women. He gets into verbal spars with men, but it doesn't really get under his skin - insofar as he just stands there nonchalantly while other men stammer and try and argue with him and he looks calm and collected (see: all GOP debates). The flip side of this is whenever a woman attacks him he takes it personally and goes to lengths to defend his own position (and perceived "shortcomings" in the eyes of women) instead of maintaining his calm and collected aggressive style. About the only thing that Trump took personal affront to from men in the debates was the whole tiny hands issue implying literal shortcomings in other areas. He lost his cool on that and looked foolish. It gets at the same issue: potential rejection from women.

Warren is bringing out a different Trump than we've seen and it will be interesting to see how Trump handles running against Clinton when they both start throwing haymakers.

Interesting theory, even Carly got under his skin. Loses it around guys who question his wealth. Not in their style/best interests, but Zuckerberg or Jeff Bezos could really fuck him up. Bloomberg would have toyed with him in debates. Mark Cuban knows exactly what Trump buttons to push. Elon Musk would be a wildcard.

Sure, but it wouldn't be hard to find all sorts of unsavory, remote ancestral connections in any person's history. Even if you believe that she believed it, she seemed to have no problem leveraging the fiction to gain an advantage in academia. For all we know, her real family may have been Germans who left for Argentina in 1944 and the other half was in the import-export business in Charleston, South Carolina in the 1700s...but for some reason she decided to play up the fairy tale instead. That's why identity politics is so silly.

Well, #notallpoliticians.

Jesus. Trump only insults women now? Y'all are losing it. The man's an equal opportunity insulter

Yeah, I find this speculation to be interesting and there may be something to it. Bet old Sigmund Freud would have a good time with Trump's apparent sublimations. But I bet he could do a number on Hillary too.

Do we know for a fact Warren is not Native American? I don't care nor have I followed the story

She isn't on the registers. She probably has about as much as or less than I do. The problem is her claiming to be Native American in order to presumably gain an advantage.

Interesting point. Trump probably gets mad because he realizes a woman's proper place on her knees drinking the words of his cock and not spouting words of her own, much less words of criticism geared toward him.

Sure, but it wouldn't be hard to find all sorts of unsavory, remote ancestral connections in any person's history. Even if you believe that she believed it, she seemed to have no problem leveraging the fiction to gain an advantage in academia. For all we know, her real family may have been Germans who left for Argentina in 1944 and the other half was in the import-export business in Charleston, South Carolina in the 1700s...but for some reason she decided to play up the fairy tale instead. That's why identity politics is so silly.

Yeah, and if the Elizabeth Warren tiny bit part Cherokee story is not true, she looks more dishonest than Butch Davis, and that's quite an accomplishment.

Do we know for a fact Warren is not Native American? I don't care nor have I followed the story

More to the point, who cares if it is true? If someone has turrible ideas, who cares what their ancestry is?

If it is true, WGAS?

If it is a lie, #whywouldyoulie?

Back