• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rondale Watson & Andre Washington transferring

Our fans have forgotten what an ACC player and an ACC team looks like. Rondale could be Downey? No, just no.

Reactions: Ayo
It's going to be nice when we strike out on all the decent grad transfer options again.

Crawford and Childress will split the point guard minutes next year. Woods and Wilbekin and possibly Washington will split the two guard minutes. Watson saw the writing on the wall- his playing time was going to go down next year and as someone pointed out...sophomore year is the time to transfer- not junior year.

Our fans have forgotten what an ACC player and an ACC team looks like. Rondale could be Downey? No, just no.

LOL. I had to laugh at that...My point is I'm surprised he transferred. For the record, he'll never be Downey but he could have contributed more and it's interesting he didn't want to stay.

LOL. I had to laugh at that...My point is I'm surprised he transferred. For the record, he'll never be Downey but he could have contributed more and it's interesting he didn't want to stay.

He has no shot at contributing. His numbers are atrocious. The fact that he played at all this season is only an indictment of how bad the program is. He can be recruited over in an instant by most any coach, even Manning (and likely already has been), and then he's stuck spending the rest of college sitting on the bench and playing for a coach that didn't recruit him and that defintiely wishes he had the scholarship to use on someone else. If he had stuck around another year, it makes transferring near impossible. As is, he can now go spend three years to play two. He's better off. We're better off.

I'm fortunate enough to see Taron shoot around in the gym from time to time. Rondale would have a tough time emulating him today, much less back in the day

Can't wait for Marshall to make the NCAAT with Watson leading them there in two years.

He shot 38.7% from the field this season. Only Wilbekin (34.5%) and Hudson (34.0%) were worse among the regulars.

He shot 30.0% on 3s. Only Hudson was worse at 26.4%.

At the FT line, he was the worst FT shooter of all of the scholarship players at 55.6%.

Haha looks like he sucked worse than I thought.

Crawford and Childress will split the point guard minutes next year. Woods and Wilbekin and possibly Washington will split the two guard minutes. Watson saw the writing on the wall- his playing time was going to go down next year and as someone pointed out...sophomore year is the time to transfer- not junior year.
No doubt and it's win-win. The kid played better than people thought (especially D) and he's going to move on...good for him. Manning gets another open spot and with McClinton likely leaving early next year post grad, we'll have 3 for 2017...good for Manning. The jumbo class cycle is finally gone!

Ralph. We had no good players this year, so they were all equally bad (not true, but for the sake of argument).

Does anyone know the story behind Rondale's recruitment? NBATV had a segment the other week on the coach of Rondale's high school. He's some billionaire who coaches both the boys and girls teams, owns the Greenbrier and is now running for governor of WV. Aynways just thought it was unlikely that Wake stumbled upon this prospect who wasnt really recruited by any other schools. Seems more likely that something happened behind the scenes with the billionaire and Wellman/BZ.

Does anyone know the story behind Rondale's recruitment? NBATV had a segment the other week on the coach of Rondale's high school. He's some billionaire who coaches both the boys and girls teams, owns the Greenbrier and is now running for governor of WV. Aynways just thought it was unlikely that Wake stumbled upon this prospect who wasnt really recruited by any other schools. Seems more likely that something happened behind the scenes with the billionaire and Wellman/BZ.

Wellman and [name redacted] probably got at least a nice weekend together in the honeymoon suite out of the deal.

Wasn't Rondale suspended twice in two years? Both times with Hudson? Who was asked to leave the program?

Are we absolutely sure this is 100% Rondale's decision? If I was Manning and I asked him to leave for a post season team violation, I wouldn't publicize that info to enable him to find an eaiser landing spot.

That guy coaches the local bball team??

Wellman and [name redacted] probably got at least a nice weekend together in the honeymoon suite out of the deal.

dumbdumber61.jpg

Wasn't Rondale suspended twice in two years? Both times with Hudson? Who was asked to leave the program?

Are we absolutely sure this is 100% Rondale's decision? If I was Manning and I asked him to leave for a post season team violation, I wouldn't publicize that info to enable him to find an eaiser landing spot.

Like Rountree, I'm sure this was a suggested transfer by Danny.

Back