• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest v ClemPson thread

Part of me feels like one reason Wellman hired Manning is because, given who he is, Wellman knew fans would never publicly turn on Manning like we did with Bz if things went to shit.

We just made Clem's son look like Okla in that 2nd half. :mad:

We just got our asses kicked by Clempsun basketball.......Clemspun. Geez. I can't believe we are this bad. This will be 6 bad years of basketball. What the hell have we done to deserve this?

Ok, somebody spill the beans- who on the team is hooking up with whose gf causing this horrible tail spin?! :(

Part of me feels like one reason Wellman hired Manning is because, given who he is, Wellman knew fans would never publicly turn on Manning like we did with Bz if things went to shit.

Defs think name recognition had a great deal to do with the hire.

Butler made 2 straight title games because they had all those 5 star recruits right?

They had one or two guys on those teams make the NBA iirc. And the exception doesn't refute the rule. At the college level talent wins games. We have the talent of a mid major.

Why would people not turn on Manning? Do you think that "Danny and the Miracles" horseshit means a damn thing to most Wake fans? If a coach sucks he sucks.

No one on this team has any heart. Watching Clemson players run their mouths and slap the floor on defense made me sick. And our players and coaches just sit there and don't do anything about it. Fucking embarrassing. Give a hard foul, talk some shit back, do something. Pathetic. Clemson just made us their bitches in our own damn gym. SMH

They had one or two guys on those teams make the NBA iirc. And the exception doesn't refute the rule. At the college level talent wins games. We have the talent of a mid major.

We have below average ACC talent and below average coaching, we lack in multiple areas. A better coach could get better results with our roster, just like Manning could win more games with more talent, it takes both.

Why would people not turn on Manning? Do you think that "Danny and the Miracles" horseshit means a damn thing to most Wake fans? If a coach sucks he sucks.
Will the stratts put up a billboard or take out some newspaper ads this time next year if we suck again? I doubt it.

And yet we're worse than many mid majors.

Back