• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Basketball Coaching Carousel

There was heat on Cronin going into last year but it would have been a bad look to fire him after the aneurysm. Their AD is in a win-now mode looking towards the B12 so new blood might be a good thing.

Dook will probably hire the best coach available, regardless of being in the dook family

Mike Brey. He'll be old, but meh. Duke would be dumb to go with Capel or Wojo.

It will be interesting with Brey. It may depend on how much longer K coaches, and the state of the Duke team when he retires. How close to retirement will Brey be at that time?

Brey seems pretty settled and happy at ND. Does he move within the conference, and have to play ND one or two or maybe three times a year?

Does he get a Duke team ready to make a national title run, or does he get one that needs to be significantly rebuilt?

Wojo, Capel, Dawkins and whoever else is on the K coaching tree have a few more years to prove, improve, rehab their coaching resumes. I think K stays long enough that it is Wojo.

I agree that it's largely dependent on how much longer K plans on coaching. If K announces his retirement tomorrow, then it would almost definitely be Capel or someone from outside the Duke family. If K is around for another 5 or 6 years, then that opens it up to Wojo, Dawkins, Hurley, etc. depending on where they have their teams at the time.

Dook will probably hire the best coach available, regardless of being in the dook family

I bet they would love Brad Stevens but the work he is doing with the Celts will make him untouchable to any college that were to come calling as would the price tag.

There are some rumors that Vandy wants Kevin Stallings to take another job to avoid paying a buy out.

A source with direct knowledge told @CBSSports that UAB's Jerod Haase is "done" to Stanford. Initial development was first reported by ESPN.

A source with direct knowledge told @CBSSports that UAB's Jerod Haase is "done" to Stanford. Initial development was first reported by ESPN.

Went to grad school at UAB, and currently live in Birmingham. That hurts. People love him here. Between him and Bill Clark (the football coach), UAB had two good guys and good coaches. I'm not sure what his ceiling is, but he definitely knows his stuff.

Roy tree > K tree?

Though there ain't much of a Roy tree TBH. At least until Hubert gets promoted when Roy retires (please please please)

Mike Dunleavy Sr., and Tulane are negotiating a deal and all signs point to him being the next coach of the Green Wave, sources told ESPN.

Back