• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Basketball Coaching Carousel

Mick Cronin may be the top candidate for UNLV.

Looks as if Under Armour is the driving force behind this deal. UA is looking to gain a bigger foothold in the West and will start working with UNLV this year. They already have a working relationship with Cronin at UC and from what I've read it looks like UNLV is offering Cronin $3 million per with the University, Under Armour and a third unnamed 'outside source' each paying $1 million towards the total. Would be the most that UNLV has ever paid a coach. Lon Kruger was paid $1 million per and Dave Rice was paid $850,000.

If Cronin says no then Steve Lavin is next in line.

Looks as if Under Armour is the driving force behind this deal. UA is looking to gain a bigger foothold in the West and will start working with UNLV this year. They already have a working relationship with Cronin at UC and from what I've read it looks like UNLV is offering Cronin $3 million per with the University, Under Armour and a third unnamed 'outside source' each paying $1 million towards the total. Would be the most that UNLV has ever paid a coach. Lon Kruger was paid $1 million per and Dave Rice was paid $850,000.

If Cronin says no then Steve Lavin is next in line.

Interesting. Solid info. I'm betting he bolts if that's the case. No expectations at UNLV and it's not like he's leaving the confines of an awesome conference in AAC.

I know a guy who can take them to the next level.

940x.jpg

And he can teach them how to put on socks correctly?

Wonder where Archie is waiting on? Surely it's not State...

Maybe he likes his situation at Dayton. Limited expectations, until he raises them.

Why wouldn't he want to coach at his alma mater? ACC, pays well, yes, I know, unreasonable expectations. But why not get a good enough resume to get a big payday from the alma mater? Who knows, with the number of top coaches who will probably retire in five years, a good run at State isn't out of the realm of possibilities.

Dawkins was once thought to be the heir apparent for K. Has his Stanford performance tainted his reputation enough for this to no longer be true? I don't keep up with Dukie chatter like I used to.

I can't help but shake the feeling that Pitt's hire is going to be a reality check about how tough it will be to find a legit coach when our time comes.

I can't help but shake the feeling that Pitt's hire is going to be a reality check about how tough it will be to find a legit coach when our time comes.

Does Pitt also have an imbecile for an AD? Don't know much about their situation.

Have we not had that reality check?

HC of Louisana Tech turned us down. HC of Dayton turned us down. The HC of Harvard turned us down.

And that's just whats known, when/if DM gets canned we're going to need an AD that can find a diamond in the rough.

I was thinking about this as well.

They had a great run with Howland and the early part of Dixon's tenure, but have fallen off a bit since their Elite 8 run. They haven't really had any "bad" years, nothing even close to the [name redacted] or some Dino years, but they usually underperformed in March.

It sounds like Dixon left because of his relationship with new chancellor/AD.

But then you have VT hiring Buzz, which rips everything apart on what's possible.

Have we not had that reality check?

HC of Louisana Tech turned us down. HC of Dayton turned us down. The HC of Harvard turned us down.

And that's just whats known, when/if DM gets canned we're going to need an AD that can find a diamond in the rough.

Or an AD with better HC friends than [name redacted].

Dawkins was once thought to be the heir apparent for K. Has his Stanford performance tainted his reputation enough for this to no longer be true? I don't keep up with Dukie chatter like I used to.

Capel is a lock

Back