• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

General Election Thread: Two Weeks Out

All the polls I saw after the debate had Trump winning. Don't cry about it. Just do better next time.

There's all kinds of interesting stuff out there today.

Trump failed the commander in chief test. Badly.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-e...commander-chief-test-20160928-snap-story.html

Online polls showing Trump won the debate were rigged: report

http://nypost.com/2016/09/27/online-polls-showing-trump-won-the-debate-were-rigged/

Trump’s Incoherent Ideas About ‘The Cyber’ (sorry 923)

http://www.theatlantic.com/technolo...umps-incoherent-ideas-about-the-cyber/501839/

Donald Trump’s Georgia chief resigns after his criminal record was revealed

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2016/0...-resigns-after-report-on-his-criminal-record/

Establishment will stoop to ANYTHING.

We have discussed this on the thread titled "Role of the Media", and this is probably where we disagree Bob, but I certainly think in this case between Clinton and Trump, the media has a duty to inform viewers of the deficiencies of both candidates. You clearly think that they have been unfair and biased, and I don't really disagree with the biased part, but they have to inform the people of what the facts/stats/objective realities are. Donald Trump and a fair amount of his voters/followers, do not live in that factual world.

This isn't an election like 2012, where Romney and Obama were both legitimate candidates. No matter which candidate won, it was clear that the country wasn't going to go into a complete nosedive. There is a candidate this time around who has won the nomination and is unfit, uneducated, and downright unsuited to be President of the United States. No matter your thoughts on Hillary Clinton, if she is elected President it's fairly obvious that things are going to continue roughly on the same route that they are now. I think it's clear you don't like that path, but that doesn't mean you should elect a man who is probably the least qualified candidate to ever win the nomination of a major party.

It's fine if you want an outsider, but Donald Trump is dangerous and should absolutely not be the POTUS. If the media DIDN'T point that out throughout the course of the election then it would be a greater sin than what they are doing now.

hillary has bad experience, that was the best line of the debate

She's also shown very bad judgment trotting out this Machado chick. Very bad. She must disavow. Can't believe they're letting her and Dean slide for his disgraceful accusation.

The first post-debate poll is out annnnnnnnd...Trump's lead has grown! LA Times has Trump 46.7% and Clinton at 42.6%.

TIL, BKF doesn't know what a "rube" is.

More of that condescending WF millennial elitism on display.

Noun
rube - a person who is not very intelligent

In other words, a person who does not believe that the media is deliberately trying to influence the outcome of this election.

The media is the only reason Trump is where he is now. He's an entertaining shitshow and the media has been, understandably, lapping it up and giving him all the attention he craves and he needed to get to where he is.

But yes, I agree that the media, Fox News, Breitbart, Drudge, etc., are deliberately trying to influence the outcome of this election. Really smart keeping your eye on registered Republican, Lester Holt, you rube.

Oh wow, Hillary had 300 supporters show up for her latest rally, Trump had 20,000+.

I didn't find a single dictionary source in a quick online check of the definition of rube that failed to include the caveat "usually from the country" or some sort of modifier including "country" or "rural."

I didn't find a single dictionary source in a quick online check of the definition of rube that failed to include the caveat "usually from the country" or some sort of modifier including "country" or "rural."

Are you usually this annoying in real life?

Are you usually this annoying in real life?

Etymology[edit]
Generic use of the name Rube.

Pronunciation[edit]
enPR: ro͞ob, IPA(key): /ruːb/
Rhymes: -uːb
Noun[edit]
rube ‎(plural rubes)

(US, Canada, informal) A person of rural heritage; a yokel.  
(pejorative) An uninformed, unsophisticated, or unintelligent person.

https://news.vice.com/video/donald-trump-has-the-sniffles

People are saying, not me, but they are saying that he's a cocaine user that's why he was sniffing so much and drinking so much water, holding on to podium for dear life. Believe me folks, if anyone were to be the best at doing lines of coke, it's him. He has the best coke dealer. His coke dealer is tremendous and he gets a tremendous deal. He's the best at making coke deals.

Oxford's definition:

rube
NOUN

North american
informal
A country bumpkin.
[AS MODIFIER] ‘quintessentially rube names’

Back