• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2016 Omnibus Fantasy Football Thread

Any reason I should start Michael over Moncrief or Tate in my Flex spots?

He countered me that he wants J Landry or D Moncrief instead of Wheaton and it's a deal.

Thoughts if I should pull the trigger on either one?

I'd do this with Moncrief. You really need a WR1. Can you potentially play Johnson, Elliott and McCoy at the same time? If you can do that then maybe keep Johnson. My only thing is I feel as though you need to hedge your bets a little bit and get a proven commodity at WR... Having Elliott and Johnson as your starters worries me a little. Johnson could be a flash in the pan (although I seriously doubt that) and Elliott could end up flaming out at the pro level (seriously doubt this as well). A lineup of Elliott, McCoy, Hopkins, Lockett/Landry/Moncrief and a flex of Forte or another WR is pretty strong.

Any reason I should start Michael over Moncrief or Tate in my Flex spots?

You can never trust anything Carroll says about the RB situation. You know what you are getting with Tate and to a lesser extent Moncrief... Michael could split carries, get all the carries, or not even play. Wait til you get closer to game time in case there is any more info released but I would play Tate instead of Michael.

Thanks. I selected my bench RBs based on the likelihood the starters would get injured and two of them may end up starting Week 1 (Michael, Draughn, and Artis-Payne).

I'd do this with Moncrief. You really need a WR1. Can you potentially play Johnson, Elliott and McCoy at the same time? If you can do that then maybe keep Johnson. My only thing is I feel as though you need to hedge your bets a little bit and get a proven commodity at WR... Having Elliott and Johnson as your starters worries me a little. Johnson could be a flash in the pan (although I seriously doubt that) and Elliott could end up flaming out at the pro level (seriously doubt this as well). A lineup of Elliott, McCoy, Hopkins, Lockett/Landry/Moncrief and a flex of Forte or another WR is pretty strong.
We do have one RB/WR/TE flex spot so I could play Zeke. Johnson, and shady at the same time.

Johnson has keeper value -- kept him for a 10th rounder, so would be just an 8th rounder next year. Hopkins can't be kept.

That's what is giving me pause. Not sure I do so much better this year to make up for what I could lose in keeper potential. Crief would cost me a 7th rounder next year as well.

We do have one RB/WR/TE flex spot so I could play Zeke. Johnson, and shady at the same time.

Johnson has keeper value -- kept him for a 10th rounder, so would be just an 8th rounder next year. Hopkins can't be kept.

That's what is giving me pause. Not sure I do so much better this year to make up for what I could lose in keeper potential. Crief would cost me a 7th rounder next year as well.

I see your conundrum now. I may keep Johnson because of the keeper value. I would roll this year with the hopes that one of your bench WRs blows up.

Who do y'all start at WR3 and FLEX:

Willie Snead v OAK
Christine Michael v MIA
Clive Walford v NO
Jordan Matthews v CLE
Ryan Mathews v CLE
DeMarco Murray v MIN
Kelvin Benjamin @ DEN

I'm leaning towards Snead @ WR3 and Michael @ FLEX.

So, should I sit Cam for Derek Carr?

Part of me thinks start of the season, he's super motivated from the Super Bowl, but then I think back to the actual game...

Non-PPR Flex

Forsett, Marvin Jones, J. Thomas? I have Treadwell too, but I'm not starting him with all the QB uncertainly. He has a lot of keeper value though.

Rawls or M. Gordon

Gordon but Id wait til closer to game time and see if anything comes out about what is going on in Seattle. If I had to guess it will be a time share but you never know with Carroll... Rawls could very well get 20+ carries and be a hoss.

Gordon but Id wait til closer to game time and see if anything comes out about what is going on in Seattle. If I had to guess it will be a time share but you never know with Carroll... Rawls could very well get 20+ carries and be a hoss.

Isn't Rawls out with an ankle and C Michael starting this week? If so, Gordon easily.

Back