• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Survival and Pick'em Groups for NFL 2016 Season

I was on that Seahawk boat that nearly sank. Whew.

Five have been dumped and two more waiting their fate tonight.

And damn it, I had the Patriots picked right up til the last minute and changed it to the Cards. Fuuuuuuck. I should have known better. Those Patriot bastards could shit in a swinging jug.

We lost more folks to inactivity than incorrect picks this week.

Survivor Pool down to 24 entrants going into Week 3.

I noticed that too. lol Damn people, pick somebody.

And 11 may have escaped by a questionable taunting call against the Browns.

I have won with the Chiefs in week 1 and the Ravens in week 2.

Not sure those comebacks will be sustainable the rest of the year.

Had the Seahawks week 1 and Carolina yesterday. Thinking Miami this week.

Had the Seahawks week 1 and Carolina yesterday. Thinking Miami this week.

Lol @ the Fins. I would say that is a terrible pick because I don't think they could score on any 11 of us, but they are playing the Browns. Is this the year that everyone picks whoever is playing Cleveland?

Lol @ the Fins. I would say that is a terrible pick because I don't think they could score on any 11 of us, but they are playing the Browns. Is this the year that everyone picks whoever is playing Cleveland?

That was probably going to be my plan.

It was going to be the Rams until they beat Seattle...so that plan will be revamped.

The Rams still suck. The Seahawks may suck too. And it's hard to beat a team opening a new stadium.

After getting off to a good start in pick'em (11-5), had a pretty bad week at 8-8 and dropped back to the middle of the pack.

Survival team was out week one for the second straight year.

McCown is actually a pretty good QB, and the Browns aren't completely awful when he's in there - they won like 4-5 games with him in there I think last year. But he won't play this week with a bum shoulder. So they're starting their 3rd round rookie (Kessler) at Miami. But yeah, as long as Kessler or RG3 is their starter, bet against them, especially because their D sucks. But they are developing a couple of weapons on O that they didn't have last year in Coleman and Prior to go along with Barnage. So when McCown gets back, I expect them to be in some shootouts and win a couple, but not till then.

That was probably going to be my plan.

It was going to be the Rams until they beat Seattle...so that plan will be revamped.

I still like going against the Rams on the road. Their DL beat up on a bad Seattle OL, and until Seattle improves their OL play, I'd avoid taking them, and they'll be ceding the division to Arizona before too long if they don't get better line play.

Wow, 17/24 of us were sweating the overtime Dolphins/Browns game.

Anyone with a Pats allocation left NOT taking them this week? The Browns won't go winless this year, but the aren't going to change that 0 this week.

Anyone with a Pats allocation left NOT taking them this week? The Browns won't go winless this year, but the aren't going to change that 0 this week.

Thinking that, GB or Pitt. GB is a 7 point favorite coming off a bye playing the NYG on a short week. Pitt is still butt sore from last week and won't have another clunker for a while.

I looked at GB too but their offense really isn't hitting on much. Could be a trap game. Pitt is a totally different team with Bell so that's probably a solid play too. That and the Jets suck.

I'm in my buddy's survival league with a $20 buy-in and a ton of Pats fans. He thinks at least 90% of the league is going Pats vs. Browns. I'm leaning toward taking the Vikings in hopes that the Browns pull a huge upset and it blows the league wide open. It would be a great pick any other week as a home TD favorite. Obviously, most likely the Vikes and Pats win.

Back