• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Survival and Pick'em Groups for NFL 2016 Season

Did I miss something, or is Cville talking about his off-site stuff a la RJ's famed pick 'em pool?

I missed getting in this 1 for some reason. But I'm in a $20 pool with 25-30 folks. Like 5-6 remaining. And please, lower case "c".

Still alive in my league's survival game...just following the Browns.

I can't believe I'm going to get knocked out because I didn't know Jay Cutler was coming back. Screw me.

I can't believe I'm going to get knocked out because I didn't know Jay Cutler was coming back. Screw me.

I went with Minnesota even with Cutler back in the Pick 'Em, which totally goes against my philosophy of never picking a road team on Monday night unless it just overwhelmingly obvious, say New England against Cleveland, or Minnesota against frickin' Chicago. WTF? Did. not. see. that. coming. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I'm already out of Survivor, so you lasted longer than me. Down to 3!

I try to go with TNF home teams but I talked myself out of the Titans. I usually don't do road teams in division games but I thought the Bears were done.

I definitely talked myself out of the Titans, too. Frustrating.

Looks like we may be down to 2 in Survival after today. Minn is trying to pull it out though.

Like a cheap whore, Minnesota blew it. If Jax can pull it out, we'll have a winner today. If not, we're down to the final 2.

And then there were 2...

GhostSurfer and Hogzilla, how long can you go? (that's what she said)

Damn, didn't even realize there was thread for the survivor contest. I've been lucky as hell w/missed Fg's and that friggin comeback by the Boys vs. Steelers last week. Hopefully, I can stay lucky....smart. Fortunately, this is nine weeks longer than my previous best!

And you guys are gonna make us wait at least another week. Good streak. Can you both go the distance?

Really good job guys. I'm pulling for both of you to go the distance. And remember, the picks include the playoffs. It would be really cool to see both of you pick correctly all the way to the Super Bowl.

Really good job guys. I'm pulling for both of you to go the distance. And remember, the picks include the playoffs. It would be really cool to see both of you pick correctly all the way to the Super Bowl.

I appreciate the support! I thought I was DOA w/the Bears coming back like crazy on the Lions. I was so glad to see Stafford run that TD in at the end of the game and then the Bears marched right down, but two holding calls killed them! Win and move on...

For the final two Survivors...

6pamtv.jpg

A tie? That's like kissing your sister. lol Seriously, congrats to both of you for lasting this long (that's what she said). You've been by yourselves for weeks, but Cleveland finally did you both in.

And in Pick 'Em, DeacDaddy is trying to dethrone DeacHawk. One week left! (Edit): I forgot playoffs ARE included in Pick 'Em.

Last edited:
Ha ha!! Who would have thought picking against the Browns was choosing poorly! I almost went with Jacksonville, but it was a fleeting thought. I am amazed that i made it to week 16. Wish one of us would have won though - a tie sucks! I should have proposed a week 17 run-off.

Congrats, DeacDaddy. You've all but wrapped up the Pick 'Em. The worst you can do is end up tied with Hawk. But lets face it, that's not likely. Congrats and enjoy your trophy! :)

Congrats, DeacDaddy. You've all but wrapped up the Pick 'Em. The worst you can do is end up tied with Hawk. But lets face it, that's not likely. Congrats and enjoy your trophy! :)

That was a heckuva gauntlet. DeacHawk and I could tie. But win or tie, I'm gonna have to find that aerobics gif to celebrate my share of the championship.

Thanks for setting it up.

Back