• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Survival and Pick'em Groups for NFL 2016 Season

The 1 thing I never do is take a road team. NE is awfully tempting though. But I still think Pitt & GB are good plays this week, and there is plenty of time to take NE later.

I tend to avoid road teams too, especially in prime time games, but its not going to matter in the Pats/Browns game. With the Browns being the shit-stain team they are, Brady coming off his suspension and the awful performance they had against the Bills, it could get ugly quick. Brady will probably put up 300 yards and 2 or 3 TDs in the first half and flip Roger the bird on the way to the locker room.

The 1 thing I never do is take a road team. NE is awfully tempting though. But I still think Pitt & GB are good plays this week, and there is plenty of time to take NE later.

I had settled on Pittsburgh, but just switched to New England. I just can't imagine a world in which they lose. Perhaps it's close, but every conceivable factor is in their favor except being on the road, and possible (?) injuries (but who the fuck knows with Belichick's injury report ploys).

I also had the 'save NE for later' thought, but then I looked at their schedule:

vs. Cincinnati
@ Pittsburgh
@ Buffalo
vs. Seattle
@ San Francisco (November 20th)

Depending on your options, you probably wouldn't feel confident on starting them until Week 11. And if you've made it to Week 11 you're likely sitting pretty.

16 of the 17 remaining entries advanced with New England or Pittsburgh.

The only outlier is StopMakingSense with Carolina tonight.

The pick fits the handle.

The pick fits the handle.

Ive been reading your posts for years, wish I could say the same for your handle.

All kidding aside, I am in trouble. I am a Panthers fan and am going to the game in a few hours so my thought process was we have to win this game to salvage this season... Might as well go all in.

Also, FWIW I made the pick when there was talk of Cam starting and just forgot about it.

Ive been reading your posts for years, wish I could say the same for your handle.

All kidding aside, I am in trouble. I am a Panthers fan and am going to the game in a few hours so my thought process was we have to win this game to salvage this season... Might as well go all in.

Also, FWIW I made the pick when there was talk of Cam starting and just forgot about it.

I think they'll play better without Cam. Stewart being out hurts more than Cam, IMO. Anderson is a solid replacement at QB and doesn't get all "Camy" when things don't go right.

DA is the designated Bucs slayer. I think we'll win too. I just wouldn't have picked them ahead of the Pats, Steelers, or Vikings this week.

So in my fantasy league, my opponent this week has Bronco players at every position on his roster, including the bench. And yes, he's 0-5. Go figure. And week 11 (bye), he'll score a goose egg. Why play?

I'm liking Pittsburgh this week in Survival.

I'm thinking of taking either Buf or Ten at home against SF and Cle respectively. Waiting to see what the QB situation is. If I sour on those, probably going with NE.

Kaep took a knee against the Bills, as expected. :rimshot:

Onward to week 7.

The Bills won for America. Freedom has been restored.

Down to 9. Thanks, Steelers, for stinking up the joint today. And I was so close to going with the Bills too but I thought Pitt had righted the ship and couldn't possibly lose to frigging Miami. Fuuuuuuuah.

Good luck to all who are still alive.

Going Steelers-Pats rather than Pats-Steelers the last two weeks paid off.

I'm in a $20 a person pool that started with 222 entries and is down to 49. This is the only thing NFL related that's working out for me this season.

Going Steelers-Pats rather than Pats-Steelers the last two weeks paid off.

I'm in a $20 a person pool that started with 222 entries and is down to 49. This is the only thing NFL related that's working out for me this season.

Same for me in your 2nd sentence. Took Buffalo yesterday. I still have NE & Pitt available, but Pitt is feast or famine so far this season.

Assuming Denver wins for me tonight, next week is a problem. Only home team that looks remotely worth picking is Dallas over Philly, and that's a bit shaky. The away choices appear to be NE over Buf and Minn and it's shaky OL over Chi without Hoyer or Cutler.

I hadn't looked ahead. Next week could be a bloodbath. Six bye teams. Should be a lot of road favorites, even shaky teams like the Jets and Cards. I imagine the Vikings will be a popular pick. Glad I didn't pick them earlier.

Did I miss something, or is Cville talking about his off-site stuff a la RJ's famed pick 'em pool?

Back