• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HB2 Strikes Again

deacdixieboy

Reaction score
NCAA just took 7 championship events away from NC including bball from Greensboro and Women's College Cup from Cary.

Edited to add that another which could impact us is a women's golf regional originally planned for Greenville.

Last edited:
good riddance i never like those lesbos coming to the state anyway

UNC might actually have to leave the state before the Sweet 16. OH NOES!!!

Yawn, Classic liberal bullying to achieve policy change against the popular opinion of that the states population.

Isn't Wake supposed to host the Tennis Championship in '18 or '19? Guessing the NCAA will do the same thing next year if the law isn't repealed?

Isn't Wake supposed to host the Tennis Championship in '18 or '19? Guessing the NCAA will do the same thing next year if the law isn't repealed?

I believe so. I also seem to remember we may have another field hockey championship at some point.

NCAA must not realize that we don't give a shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this means a lot coming from an establishment with an unblemished record of credibility like the ncaa. i really value and respect their opinion on what is best for north carolina.

UNC might actually have to leave the state before the Sweet 16. OH NOES!!!

For just the 3rd time since 2003 neither Duke nor UNC will be playing inside the friendly confines of the state of North Carolina. The City of Charlotte has struck again!

For just the 3rd time since 2003 neither Duke nor UNC will be playing inside the friendly confines of the state of North Carolina. The City of Charlotte has struck again!

This is a bad thing???

Duke's probably happy, especially if UNC is the other team at the site I don't think it's much of an advantage. They get better support in the Northeast than in NC, and 9/10 of the building isn't rooting against them

It's lamentable for sports to get involved in political debates like this. Such a strong urge for social activism as though reasonable minds cannot differ.

It's lamentable for sports to get involved in political debates like this. Such a strong urge for social activism as though reasonable minds cannot differ.

I mean this isn't the right thread for this, but just because two people disagree about a policy doesn't mean that it's "reasonable minds differing." There doesn't seem to me to be much reason behind the GOP rhetoric about this bill, and one of Winston-Salem's own conservative judges agreed

Pretty weak statement by Ron on this, especially compared to Hatch's earlier comments and Duke AD Kevin White's. I guess he didn't want to upset the olds

CsMt1RvWcAANzmj.jpg

Back