• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HB2 Strikes Again

No. It's not a "genetic defect/abnormality." As I wrote earlier, it's just a difference and there are thousands of these in humans - eye color, hair color, hair texture, height, finger length, nail shape, personality etc. These differences are dictated by genetics, in utero exposures (hormones, temperature, etc.), and childhood and adult exposures. You seem to be struggling with a limited knowledge of genetics and biology in this discussion.

Why does it have to be a "defect/abnormality"? Less that 2% of the world's population have green eyes, is that a "defect/abnormality"?

Because nobody is asking for special treatment, different from the status quo applicable to 99.8% of the population, because of eye color, hair color, finger length, whatever, which is what they are asking for here. They are asking for treatment above and beyond what the other 99.8% of the population receives (the right to choose their bathroom preference different from their sex, which nobody else has) because of that difference. So from a legal standpoint, they need to legitimize that the difference actually exists in order to gain the special treatment.

And, no offense, I'm pretty sure I have a better understanding of genetic defects, and their effects on day to day activity, than 99% of this board does.

Good grief. Trans folks exist. Let everyone pee and poop where they feel they should. Only illegal behavior (propositioning, molesting, leering, etc.) should be illegal in a restroom.

6359757692841598261042585036_kevin-moore-bathroom-cartoo.jpg

Because nobody is asking for special treatment, different from the status quo applicable to 99.8% of the population, because of eye color, hair color, finger length, whatever, which is what they are asking for here. They are asking for treatment above and beyond what the other 99.8% of the population receives (the right to choose their bathroom preference different from their sex, which nobody else has) because of that difference. So from a legal standpoint, they need to legitimize that the difference actually exists in order to gain the special treatment.

And, no offense, I'm pretty sure I have a better understanding of genetic defects, and their effects on day to day activity, than 99% of this board does.

No. They are asking for everybody (100% of the population) to be able to use the bathroom that matches their gender.

FTR I didn't mean abnormal to mean anything other than rare.

You nailed it. Ben Shapiro has also eloquently made that point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkONHNXGfaM

ETA: Also, mebane & I could not be further apart as far as how religion has influenced our agreement on this issue. To the best of my knowledge, mebane is an evangelical. I, on the other hand, have not attended church services in more than 48 years.

So their must be something beyond simple religious beliefs that would lead both of us to reach the same conclusion on this issue. And, actually, it isn't that complicated. Ben Shapiro probably phrased it best when he said that sex and/or gender are not malleable. You can think or pretend that you are anything you wish...but that does not make it so. And just because you want to think or pretend that it is so, I am under no obligation to pretend that it is so simply to satisfy your imagination about the matter.

And that gets to the root of the problem with this bathroom access stuff. The 0.2% of the population who are men who think they are women or women who think they are men have every right to think whatever they wish. However, the other 99.8% of the population is under no obligation to share in that fantasy with them....nor should they be under any obligation to adjust their public bathroom options to accommodate the fantasies of that 0.2%. (Not to mention the Pandora's Box of negative events that would certainly be a by-product of doing so.)

lol

Back