• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Tennis 2017-2018

This ESPN3 coverage is very good. Good replays and commentary. They are mainly focusing on the first court but they are showing other courts as well.

I was just getting ready to post this. Much better than expected.

Impressive

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

UNC and UVA are down to the last match. I think we'd like a matchup against UNC better, but who knows

well uva wins. looking at the rankings uva has a very interesting singles order

The ACC championship tomorrow will be on ESPN3 again, starting at 10:00 am. The coverage this morning was really good, with multiple camera angles, all courts covered, and good commentary.

It's always been my sense that between top teams, the team that lost in the previous match-up has the advantage in the rematch. Hope my theorem doesn't hold for us tomorrow. Go deacs.

It's always been my sense that between top teams, the team that lost in the previous match-up has the advantage in the rematch. Hope my theorem doesn't hold for us tomorrow. Go deacs.

Let us see we have beat UVA twice in a row, and previously UVA has beat us lik 20 times in a row, put differently your theory has not been in play for two decades within this match up.

Let us see we have beat UVA twice in a row, and previously UVA has beat us lik 20 times in a row, put differently your theory has not been in play for two decades within this match up.

Not true. Last year UVA beat us in the regular season and we beat them in the ACC tournament, so the theory was correct once in the past 15 years.

UVA also didn't have a healthy lineup when we played them last time. Match seems like a toss-up

4 of the past 5 years it has been Wake-UVA in the ACC championship for men's tennis, with UVA winning the first 3 meetings and Wake winning last year. Hoping for another classic tomorrow morning.

4 of the past 5 years it has been Wake-UVA in the ACC championship for men's tennis, with UVA winning the first 3 meetings and Wake winning last year. Hoping for another classic tomorrow morning.

This is pretty crazy. Bresky has been at Wake for six seasons and we've made it to the ACC championship four times. Before him, we had made it one time in our entire history.

This is pretty crazy. Bresky has been at Wake for six seasons and we've made it to the ACC championship four times. Before him, we had made it one time in our entire history.
Is there actually a chance we lose him to UVA after this year? I definitely think wake will always be competitive in the Olympic sports -- especially the country club sports like tennis and golf -- but you obviously have freedoms at a public school that wake can't and won't grant.

Is there actually a chance we lose him to UVA after this year? I definitely think wake will always be competitive in the Olympic sports -- especially the country club sports like tennis and golf -- but you obviously have freedoms at a public school that wake can't and won't grant.

There's a chance. I like to think Bresky would much prefer to create his own legacy at Wake rather than carry on the legacy of someone else (Boland) at UVA, but you never know. He has shown that he can win at the highest levels at Wake, now he just needs to break through in the NCAA tournament. The men's tennis trajectory reminds me of the Wake men's soccer trajectory in the early/mid 2000s.

Back