• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Tennis 2017-2018

The slam.tennis site uses a formula which incorporates overall match scores to rank college teams. They give Wake a 45% chance of winning tomorrow.

It would be nice if they'd put all the scores on the bottom. The coverage otherwise is great.

It would be nice if they'd put all the scores on the bottom. The coverage otherwise is great.

Agreed. I open a second tab with the scores, but they are a little bit ahead of the video.

Is there actually a chance we lose him to UVA after this year? I definitely think wake will always be competitive in the Olympic sports -- especially the country club sports like tennis and golf -- but you obviously have freedoms at a public school that wake can't and won't grant.

I think there's almost no chance. And there's a historical taboo (maybe even an actual rule) against ACC schools poaching head coaches from each other. But I guess you never know.

Is there actually a chance we lose him to UVA after this year? I definitely think wake will always be competitive in the Olympic sports -- especially the country club sports like tennis and golf -- but you obviously have freedoms at a public school that wake can't and won't grant.

by "freedoms" are you referring to more than just the players he could recruit?

Why is their 3rd ranked dude playing in 1 singles? Did we get out #strageried?

They need to show the scoreboard more often.

seems like this full 6 player lineup favors UVA cause we have 4 ranked guys and they have 6. Whereas our ranked guys are better than theirs.

seems like this full 6 player lineup favors UVA cause we have 4 ranked guys and they have 6. Whereas our ranked guys are better than theirs.

The rankings don't mean that much, especially for the guys lower in the lineup. They are completely computer generated, so if you don't play highly ranked players it's hard to move up. For example, Soderlund for UVA is ranked #109 because he arrived in January, but he didn't lose a match in the regular season and might be the highest ranked ATP player of all the players on either team. He's probably a top 15 player in the country.

Mansori wins set 2. that is one thing that needed to happen

Back