• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Tennis 2017-2018

Watching without sound. Does each singles get 1 point and each doubles a half? So if we close out the last 2 singles we've locked in a W?

You get 1 doubles point whether you win all 3 doubles or 2 of three. Singles are 1 each. Once we win the remaining singles we will win 4-3. A good win even if UVA is down

Proud of the guys. I refuse to believe we lost our focus.

My opinion only that even though UVA is down and I'll compliment their good play rather than accuse us of going through the motions.

Sometimes you just get beat so no big deal.

Last year the ACC and this year we have larger goals.

Wow. Two years in a row the team that wins the regular season matchup loses the tournament matchup. Who'da thunk it?

Congrats to UVA. Both teams extremely close. Could actually help wake not to be 2-0 vs uva if we have to play them in NCAA. One observation after aragone held for 4-3 in the third and seraphim was serving, Aragone was waving his arms and like doing jumping jacks as seraphim about to serve . That is beneath that level of tennis. Pros playing for millions don't do that shit. UVA coach lost a bit of respect for allowing that. I would feel the same way if a wake player did it. Total loss of decorum and sportsmanship has been lost in tennis . Absolutely no excuse for ANY player to conduct themselves like that Coach needs to show some balls and tell the player to cut that shit out

Congrats to UVA. Both teams extremely close. Could actually help wake not to be 2-0 vs uva if we have to play them in NCAA. One observation after aragone held for 4-3 in the third and seraphim was serving, Aragone was waving his arms and like doing jumping jacks as seraphim about to serve . That is beneath that level of tennis. Pros playing for millions don't do that shit. UVA coach lost a bit of respect for allowing that. I would feel the same way if a wake player did it. Total loss of decorum and sportsmanship has been lost in tennis . Absolutely no excuse for ANY player to conduct themselves like that Coach needs to show some balls and tell the player to cut that shit out

Agreed, very close match. I hate losing, but there were some really positive developments in that match that will hopefully carry forward to the NCAAs. The biggest was Gadjiev winning at 6 vs Wiersholm, who previously had not lost a conference match all year. Another big one was Mansouri battling back after losing the first set to win two convincing sets against Soderlund, who is ranked 389 in the world.

I'm looking forward to seeing our NCAA draw, which will be announced Tuesday at 5 PM.

I wish the ACC would end conference championship tournaments. There is one tournament ...NCAA.

I wish the ACC would end conference championship tournaments. There is one tournament ...NCAA.

I don't know, I think it's pretty cool to win ACC championships. The men's tennis championship last year was a great event for the Wake team, for example.

Back