• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Defensive Coordinator Search

Lineburg was Clawson's OC at Richmond. One year of special teams experience.

Frankly, feels a bit like a Grobe hire.....

Lineburg was Clawson's OC at Richmond. One year of special teams experience.

Frankly, feels a bit like a Grobe hire.....

Definitely Grobe like. So, the QB coach from UCONN is going to be our new ST/TE coach?

Definitely Grobe like. So, the QB coach from UCONN is going to be our new ST/TE coach?
Don't worry, he'll have a firm grasp on everything there is to know about special teams by the end of next week.

Lineburg spent one year as ST/WR coach and then got shaken up when Diaco brought in a new OC.
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...ffensive-coordinator-0210-20150209-story.html

Frank Verducci, who has 31 years of coaching experience between college and the pros, will become the offensive coordinator at UConn.
He also will coach the Huskies' running backs as part of a shakeup on offense.
Verducci, the tight ends and offensive tackles coach at Northern Iowa last year, has also coached at Iowa, Florida and Notre Dame and in the NFL. He takes over for Mike Cummings, who became the offensive line coach.
Wayne Lineburg, who coached receivers and special teams last year, will coach the quarterbacks. Don Patterson, who coached quarterbacks, will move tight ends; David Corley, who coached running backs, will move to receivers and special teams coordinator.
Like all the coaches on the staff, UConn coach Bob Diaco has known Verducci for years. Verducci was an assistant under Hayden Fry at Iowa in the 1990s when Diaco was a player there.

So the new OC took over RB. The RB coach moved to ST/WR. Lineburg moved from ST/WR to QB. The QB coach moved to TE.

No wonder Diaco got fired.

Huskie Huskie Hokie High! Shaken not stirred. Not married to anyone in Claw's family I hope.

I'm saying that my sauces are pointing north.

matt-patricia.jpg

Back