• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Defensive Coordinator Search

Thought this would be of interest from coachingsearch.com: Kentucky: Charlotte tight ends / assistant head coach Dean Hood will join the Kentucky staff as outside linebackers coach / special teams coordinator, according to the AJC. Hood was Eastern Kentucky head coach from 2008-15 and was previously the defensive coordinator at Wake Forest.

Clawson said they were bringing in two candidates - wonder if Hood was the one who didn't offered?

Because Hood moved on to take a head coaching job before Grobe left Wake, it shouldn't be such an issue that he came from Grobe's staff. Completely different circumstances under which he left Wake.

Not sure why Hood would consider coming back to Wake as the DC. I would expect him to be looking for a head coaching job, probably at a non P5 school.

Because Hood moved on to take a head coaching job before Grobe left Wake, it shouldn't be such an issue that he came from Grobe's staff. Completely different circumstances under which he left Wake.

Not sure why Hood would consider coming back to Wake as the DC. I would expect him to be looking for a head coaching job, probably at a non P5 school.

Hmm...what? He coached TE at Charlotte last season. He would have jumped for any DC opportunity.

Yes. Not to mention getting a former FBS OC and AAC ST coach as ST coach.

All the new hires are young guys from their mid-30s to mid-40s with a ton of quality experience. Got to feel good about the changes.

By the way, Sawvel seems to like it in Winston.

Guess he's glad to not be up in Minnesota freezing his ass off.

I wonder if Taylor Redd will be the "10th assistant coach" if/when that happens,

Taylor Redd, a graduate assistant coach working with the Deacon offense, has been elevated to Director of Recruiting. Redd, a 2013 graduate of Bowling Green, has worked with Clawson and his staff since 2010. He will replace Warren Belin who has left the staff in order to pursue other opportunities.

http://footballscoop.com/news/fbs-programs-will-use-10th-assistant-coach/

Looks like a pretty good staff on the defensive side of the football. Too bad DC made no changes on the offensive side

With the Belin news aren't we still short a defensive coach?

I am really impressed with the three guys we have brought in on defense (less so with the special teams guy), but can't help but be a little concerned that we will only have one carry over coach for the unit of our team that's actually good. Meanwhile, no changes on the other side of the ball.

No. Belin was no longer an on-field coach. He was director of high school relations or some similar title.

Yeah. At the time, we took that as a sign he may be on his way out. Seems like a position for a young guy.

I don't recall him leaving EKU due to his being such a success.

With the Belin news aren't we still short a defensive coach?

I am really impressed with the three guys we have brought in on defense (less so with the special teams guy), but can't help but be a little concerned that we will only have one carry over coach for the unit of our team that's actually good. Meanwhile, no changes on the other side of the ball.

Lineburg - tight ends

Lineburg - tight ends

Did not realize that he was coaching tight ends too. Still not very inspired by that hire.

Thanks for the correction on Belin. Did not realize he had been taken off the field.

Back