• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball 2017-Regional Champs! On to Supers!

will we finally be on espn3 tomorrow? It is really frustrating when I want to watch a wake game on there, but instead they choose to show a wide range of bizarre games like a Northeastern vs a Belmont. I don't get it.

I can't do an in-depth look at the moment, but I'm curious about our K-rate on offense compared to last year when it seemed high. In college baseball it's amazing what just putting the ball in play will do for you with metal bats, and subpar defenses.

last year in 2095 ab we struck out 470 times= 22.43%
this year so far in 515 ab we have struck out 116 times= 22.52%

will we finally be on espn3 tomorrow? It is really frustrating when I want to watch a wake game on there, but instead they choose to show a wide range of bizarre games like a Northeastern vs a Belmont. I don't get it.

Yes. The SoCal games were on also. I think every Friday and Saturday game for the rest of the year is on, with some Sundays thrown in.

last year in 2095 ab we struck out 470 times= 22.43%
this year so far in 515 ab we have struck out 116 times= 22.52%

Thanks. I was actually expecting it to be significantly lower this year, so still drastic room for improvement.

Anecdotal evidence but I think we have taken a lot more pitches this year and gotten our overall OBP up, which has led to Ann increase in runs when we hit home runs with people on.

5-1 wake bottom 3rd

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Wow Sheets! What a boss. Solo shot on a sort of pop up.

Johnny!!! To center field. Ball was crushed.

Up 5-1 in the 3rd

I think that 3 run shot given up by Dunshee may have been a good thing oddly enough. Seems to have piss him off a little. I like the way he's throwing it now.

holy shit Stu. What a diving play in center. that was major league speed there

Dunshee is all over the place. Hope we can get out of this inning.

Thought it was a bad call, but we will take it.

No idea how we got out of that inning unscathed! I was shocked Walter left Dunshee in there after he pegged the previous batter in the back. Caught an enormous break there

Back