• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COLLINS deserves ACCPOY

I went to the game with a friend today who is a big Duke fan. He looked at me midway through the second half and said Collins is clearly the best player in the conference. It was hard for me to disagree. He has so much game, is so polished, and is basically unstoppable. He's the best true big we've had since Timmy. Oh and the short shorts make him even cooler. Safe to say I have a man crush on Collins.

And Ph is right about Crawford. All my UNC fans friends rave about their point guard yet he isn't ranked as high as Crawford is several conference stats. Just wish we could see Crawford, Collins, and Brown play together next year.

If JC averages 25 and 10 over the last 3 games, he SHOULD be a lock. But the Dook media will give it to Kennard.

We haven't won any games down the stretch on his back, so no he won't win it and no he doesn't deserve it. Not necessarily his fault that we haven't, but that's what you need if you want to win POY.

Corey Alexander's all-ACC team: Bacon, Mitchell, Kennard, Jackson, Colson

Hopefully Corey doesn't vote.

Last edited:
^^My mistake, it was Corey Alexander on the call during Syracuse-GT

Bacon? No way in the world could you have Bacon over Collins. What an idiot.

I could see it. After all Collins is 5th in the conference in scoring, 2nd in rebounding, 1st in FG% and 3rd in blocks. But Bacon is 10th in scoring and... 33rd in FT% (Collins is 29th) and tied for 30th in steals. So yeah, I could see picking Bacon over Collins...

Corey Alexander's all-ACC team: Bacon, Mitchell, Kennard, Jackson, Colson

Hopefully Corey doesn't vote.

Rodney Dangerfield. He also said JC has 8 20 point games in a row. He's been asleep for the past week.

I don't believe he'll get POY due to Wake's overall record and Kennard is the likely winner. Having said that Collins is a lock for first team. Couple more things in his favor: 1. voters tend to put more weight on each player's performance in ACC games and with John's current streak of 10 straight games with over 20 points that puts him in excellent shape in that category. 2. Although the intent is for voters to cast ballots for the best 5 players without regard to position they tend to want to include players from all positions by nature. Since John is obviously the most dominant big man in the league if all other factors are even close in comparisons with guards and forwards I think they'll go with the big man.

He will probably be unanimous 1st team All-ACC

We all know he should be but we have seen stranger results in All ACC voting before. Was it Rod Griffin that got screwed royally one year? And we all know Chill wasn't even unanimous MVP in the ACC tourney where he set the still-standing scoring record.

We all know he should be but we have seen stranger results in All ACC voting before. Was it Rod Griffin that got screwed royally one year? And we all know Chill wasn't even unanimous MVP in the ACC tourney where he set the still-standing scoring record.

He's 5th in scoring(1 point behind the leader), first in FG%, second in blocked shots and second in rebounding while playing 25 minutes per game. In league games only he is first in scoring. POY. Period.

Kennard will win POY hands down. Sexy stats + Duke-friendly media = Kennard easily. Add the fact that Duke is ending the year white hot and will get a high seed, vs. our inability to win games against quality opponents and NIT-bound status.

Doesn't mean it's the correct result - just the likely one.

I'm fne with Kennard or Colson being POY. And if team wins matter, than Jackson or Meeks could be OK too.

But Bacon over JC for 1st team? lol NO way. He's not a lock for best player on his team.

Back