• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

COLLINS deserves ACCPOY

Collins would need three 30/14 games to finish with a 20/10 average overall and in conference.

Exactly. What he did in his last 2 games. If he finishes strong, he can do that. Just get him the damn ball.

Wake Forest's John Collins is the best player in America nobody is talking about

The best college basketball player in America that almost nobody pays attention to is dominating game after game, right there in the best league in the sport.
Collins is also the latest dominating piece of evidence that Danny Manning is as good at coaching and improving big guys as anyone in college basketball.
Collins is absolutely gone to the NBA after this season, and he should sprint there. From solid rotation piece as a freshman to do-it-all big man as a sophomore, he has emerged as one of the best draft stories of 2017.

Probably is gone, but Norlander is also wrong later in that paragraph where he says we must win our last three games just to have a chance to make the NCAAT. That's not true.

Solid article though.

I don't want Collins to leave but I agree he should. And long-term, it should be great for the program in terms of recruiting.

Probably is gone, but Norlander is also wrong later in that paragraph where he says we must win our last three games just to have a chance to make the NCAAT. That's not true.

Solid article though.

I feel like if everybody is saying we have a narrow shot at the tourney, it's probably true. I keep hoping there is somebody on the committee who is fine with close enough and realizes that we will provide a very entertaining First Four and 6-11 game if given the chance.

Problem is these guys look at teams in a vacuum. "Wake isn't getting in because they haven't beaten anyone" well that's better than losing to State at home or being 4-11 in the ACC so Wakes lack of a big win becomes less if a liability when Rhode Island loses to teams at the bottom of the A10.

Problem is these guys look at teams in a vacuum. "Wake isn't getting in because they haven't beaten anyone" well that's better than losing to State at home or being 4-11 in the ACC so Wakes lack of a big win becomes less if a liability when Rhode Island loses to teams at the bottom of the A10.

Right, there are a lot of flawed teams on the bubble right now.

If you don't like Wake at 8-10 in conference then do you like Clemson at 7-11 or 6-12? How about Tech with their 340th ranked OOC schedule. Those are just ACC examples.

Or if Syracuse loses two of their last three, 9-9 Syracuse with losses to St. Johns, BC, Uconn, Pitt, and GT? Syracuse has six losses worse than our worse loss (Syracuse).

23 points. 14 rebounds 3 blocks tonight. Streak continues at 11, 15 double doubles. Lock for first team, POY and second team all American

I don't want Collins to leave but I agree he should. And long-term, it should be great for the program in terms of recruiting.

I mean if Manning can't recruit a top 5 big in the country year after year based on his track record... there's something wrong.

But when I watch his game I wonder how much better he gets being on the Phoenix Suns or Sacramento Kings. If you got the best big coach out there, it may not hurt to stay assuming you can make that insurance work. (I'm not thinking he'll actually stay) But Collins doesn't look like a guy who's at risk of slipping down the draft because his potential goes down. He's getting drafted for skills already in place. Bring back Timmy D for a month during the summer and make Wake Big man U.

Name the last 5 bigs to develop in the NBA that weren't already at Cousins/Towns/Davis levels of athletic freaks.

Last edited:
I'm gonna miss JC, but he's been a treat to watch. I can't wait to see him hoop it up in the association

What rosters do people think Collins would be a good fit on next season?

I'm gonna miss JC, but he's been a treat to watch. I can't wait to see him hoop it up in the association

So do you mean to imply that you want him to go to the NBA this year? I understand being excited for and about him, but as a Wake fan, I CAN definitely wait to see how good he will be in the NBA. I want so badly for him to come back for one more year. (And no, I'm not saying I will be mad if he goes. Millions of dollars would be hard to put off.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, the silver lining with JC's meteoric rise in NBA draft stock and him likely gone after just his soph season is his development under DM's tutelage.

BIG MAN U! :thumbsup:(suck it Haas)

Back