• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

March Madness Thread

We punch our ticket today. A non Dayton 11 would be ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No they haven't.

I'm going to keep refuting this every single time that I see it. Just because you repeat something ad nauseum doesn't make it true.
There is some serious irony in the second paragraph.

For all of the talk of a potential Danny Manning / Kansas 2nd round matchup, we instead get a potential Wojo / Duke matchup.

Give me the Golden Eagles / Fightin' Wojos in that one.

Commentators are way overrating Duke based on their tourney run.

There is a lot to like about Duke. They are on a roll. They have Coach K. They are Duke. And they have (arguably) the most NBA players on their roster, which matters historically in this tourney.

I still they are too bi-polar to win this tourney. Have them losing to Marquette... If that doesn't happen, give me SMU in the next round.

On Mike and Mike they talked a lot about how Duke took advantage of foul trouble against Louisville and UNC and that they helped create that fouls trouble, but I don't think they'll get those calls outside of the ACC.

On Mike and Mike they talked a lot about how Duke took advantage of foul trouble against Louisville and UNC and that they helped create that fouls trouble, but I don't think they'll get those calls outside of the ACC.

They rarely do, it's awesome

They shot almost 40 FTs against unc.

They rarely do, it's awesome

Dino was talking last night about how the refs call it tighter in the tournament, but seems to me it has been the opposite. ACC teams have sometimes been been surprised that some of the ticky tack fouls they have been used to have not been called in the NCAA. One thing that is beginning to bug me are the phantom foul calls, ala the swipe at second base that does not touch a runner. Slo mo often shows guys getting baskets who are fouled on the way who actually were hardly touched, if at all, it just looks like it should be a foul so they call it.

Ah yes, the annual week or two that M&M actually care about college basketball.

Syracuse gets UNCG first round of NIT. Karma or just an f-u from basketball world?

Syracuse gets UNCG first round of NIT. Karma or just an f-u from basketball world?

It'll be a nice ratings grab. Without the controversy nobody would be tuning into this game besides Cuse fans and DR. But with Boeheim spouting off all his bullshit it seems like the college basketball world is interested in this game and a lot of folks will be tuning in for the hopeful karma slap.

It might help ratings in G'boro, but little outside of there. First it's the "We're #69 Tourney". Next, who outside of NC gives a shit about G'boro?

It might help ratings in G'boro, but little outside of there. First it's the "We're #69 Tourney". Next, who outside of NC gives a shit about G'boro?

That's not fair. I'm from NC, live in NC and I don't care about Greensboro.

Yeah this is my thinking. The refs hosed both UNC and Louisville with calls and disrupted the flow of the game, and Duke did their usual parade to the free throw line. It won't happen in the NCAAs.

Dino was talking last night about how the refs call it tighter in the tournament, but seems to me it has been the opposite. ACC teams have sometimes been been surprised that some of the ticky tack fouls they have been used to have not been called in the NCAA. One thing that is beginning to bug me are the phantom foul calls, ala the swipe at second base that does not touch a runner. Slo mo often shows guys getting baskets who are fouled on the way who actually were hardly touched, if at all, it just looks like it should be a foul so they call it.

I think you are correct. There were past seasons when the ACC teams were somewhat manhandled because the refs did not call the games as tightly and allowed more physical play than is permitted in the ACC. I have watched very little outside the ACC this season, so I wonder if every conference has called as many touch fouls or have they permitted rougher play especially in the post?

It would be the ultimate troll if they moved the Syracuse game to Greensboro due to the impending blizzard that is supposed to start in the morning.

Back