• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

March Madness Thread

I just wish we could learn to be more like the Dukies I know and their constant affirmation of how good the officiating is.

Only good vibes allowed here.

It's so much fun to be back in the tourney. I actually kind of like having Kansas state In the play in. If we run our offense they won't be able to keep up with us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No doubt about that....though I wouldn't say that it was any more electric than the 92-89 win over #3 Carolina seventeen days earlier, when Wake went to 14-0 behind 34 points from Jeff Teague.

I enjoyed that game more, personally. UNC also was down and almost came back, iirc.

I enjoyed that game more, personally. UNC also was down and almost came back, iirc.

You are right about that, but I don't remember them being as far down as Duke was...and that very late in the game. Duke was 13 down with no more than around three minutes to play.

Which one of those two games was the one where Teague made the blind behind his back bounce pass to a trailing Johnson for a monster dunk on a breakaway? That one brought the house down.

I wasn't pulling for Duke......then. That was before I met all you assholes on this board and came to realize just how much WF fans really suck these days. And the constant...and I mean every single goddamned fucking play constant....bitching about officiating just reaffirmed that observation. WF fans today are like a bunch of petulant, spoiled children.

(I was unhappy because Wake didn't finish the game in style...which you should have figured out from my post....as the #4 team in the country playing on its home court should have done. Blowing that 13-point lead was extremely frustrating. That was a good example, BTW, of why Dino was such a shitty coach.)

You're so fucking miserable. Absolutely pathetic.

What about James Johnson's layup off the inbound pass from LD Williams to beat Duke? .8 left after the bucket.

What an awful final two minutes. Bailed out on that last inbounds play. We had no clue in half court offense. I don't think Johnson or Aminu touched the ball on offense during that clip.

What an awful final two minutes. Bailed out on that last inbounds play. We had no clue in half court offense. I don't think Johnson or Aminu touched the ball on offense during that clip.

I thought the same thing rewatching it. We got really lucky. Duke missed some wide open shots. Shots they didn't miss in their game this year because guys like Allen and Kennard were taking them rather than Scheyer. Basically we had a bunch of athletes but looked like absolute garbage in terms of execution.

I thought the same thing rewatching it. We got really lucky. Duke missed some wide open shots. Shots they didn't miss in their game this year because guys like Allen and Kennard were taking them rather than Scheyer. Basically we had a bunch of athletes but looked like absolute garbage in terms of execution.

Which is why Dino had to go.

I wasn't pulling for Duke......then. That was before I met all you assholes on this board and came to realize just how much WF fans really suck these days. And the constant...and I mean every single goddamned fucking play constant....bitching about officiating just reaffirmed that observation. WF fans today are like a bunch of petulant, spoiled children.

(I was unhappy because Wake didn't finish the game in style...which you should have figured out from my post....as the #4 team in the country playing on its home court should have done. Blowing that 13-point lead was extremely frustrating. That was a good example, BTW, of why Dino was such a shitty coach.)

Just in case you don't know this, we are no worse in this regard than every other fanbase.

Back