• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN Firing 100 People Today

People who rejoice in other people losing their jobs suck at life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me. Also, it's 2016, we can be out in the open about sports media being liberal https://www.google.com/amp/s/theringer.com/amp/p/dc7123a5caba

The general media has always been liberal. This isn't a new development. It's a position that tends to attract liberally-minded people. Not like conservatives are denied entry or some shit, unless they spew ultra-right wing hateful nonsense that has nothing to do with being "conservative," of course.

There does seem to be a special hatred for ESPN for whatever reason. Maybe just a desire to see the big institutions toppled. Just not the ones that actually matter

The general media has always been liberal. This isn't a new development. It's a position that tends to attract liberally-minded people. Not like conservatives are denied entry or some shit, unless they spew ultra-right wing hateful nonsense that has nothing to do with being "conservative," of course.

There does seem to be a special hatred for ESPN for whatever reason. Maybe just a desire to see the big institutions toppled. Just not the ones that actually matter

The best shows on the network are football related (Gameday, Primetime) and most of the great SportsCenter anchors/Football guys are long gone. The product is not at the same quality as it used to be.

Oh I don't disagree. The SportsCenter magic that was in place until the mid 00s is long gone and not coming back.

So isn't it fair to say that it kind of sucks now unless you stay up til Midnight to watch SVP?

It's not just Kaepernick. ESPN is Tebow-crazy. Still! He's even on the payroll! Tebow is about as "Conservative" as it gets.

This is the type of employee you find a way to keep, in some capacity.

And then fire some other asshat like Lebetard or Duke Vitale.

maxresdefault.jpg

Someone give me a top 5 greatest SportsCenter anchors

Yeah I don't love their show, but I really like Michael's very open statement that he couldn't even be mad at people calling for him to be fired because, in all reality, they pay his salary just like coaches and GMs.

I posted weeks ago, but Michael seems like a great, smart dude. Not a mancrush - more like respect.

Stuart got bumped down due to UNC homerism and Berman is better on NFL only stuff. Robin Roberts is t10

Eisen has to be up there IMO. I'd probably have him second to Patrick

Back