• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN Firing 100 People Today

ESPN has become a big joke. I fell asleep during the 4th quarter of the game last night, so all I wanted to do this AM was to find out how the game ended. I swear I watched for almost 15 minutes and saw nothing but the BS between Rihanna and KD. I DON'T CARE about that. I don't care about watching the anchors sit around a table and pretend to drink coffee and talk pop culture all morning. And there's like 5 or 6 of them. The talk shows in the afternoon are stupid. But the worst show is the Sportscenter that comes on at night. The only shows that are decent are the Sports Reporters and the 30/30 stuff. When Sergio Garcia won the Masters, all they talked about the next morning was RW breaking the triple-double record or whatever it was. Just show the games and stop all of the bad entertainment

Last edited:
ESPN has become a big joke. I fell asleep during the 4th quarter of the game last night, so all I wanted to do this AM was to find out how the game ended. I swear I watched for almost 15 minutes and saw nothing but the BS between Rihanna and KD. I DON'T CARE about that. I don't care about watching the anchors sit around a table and pretend to drink coffee and talk pop culture all morning. And there's like 5 or 6 of them. The talk shows in the afternoon are stupid. But the worst show is the Sportscenter that comes on at night. The only shows that are decent are the Sports Reporters and the 30/30 stuff. When Sergio Garcia won the Masters, all they talked about the next morning was RW breaking the triple-double record or whatever it was. Just show the games and stop all of the bad entertainment

We need to talk. I have some bad news.

Bomanis 10 minutes on Donald sterling indicate an above average intelligence. Or an impressive ability to think and speak quickly .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I've posted that clip on here a few times. I had been a fan of his for years going back to when he was in Durham but that's my favorite thing he's done.

Many months ago. The last show was in early May.

That figures. This show had thought provoking real journalists. I wouldn't even call most of the ESPN folks journalists, they're just entertainers.

I've only watched HQ a few times. Doesn't do anything for me.

I can't stand that show. 3 people, none of whom look like they actually want to be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papi doesn't look like he wants to be there???

The others, sure

Papi doesn't look like he wants to be there???

The others, sure

Is that the old guy in the middle?

The worst is the guy on the left. His only expression is disdain.

Lebatard show does it again. Its recurring guests tend to end up dead a week after appearing on the show. RIP Adam West.

In the past year they got Bill Paxton, Alan Thicke and Lemmy.

If I'm Wayne Newton I'm starting to say my goodbyes.

By all accounts a great guy too

w-s hosted the national sports media association awards banquet this year... cohn & lupica were inducted into the hall of fame.

with the layoffs, etc... it seemed like a really tough spot for espn... but, they sent their brass down w/ no fanfare on a jet (along with lupica's kids) & quietly supported their folks at the banquet while in the shadows. i know it meant a lot to both of the inductees.

i know it was a really difficult situation for them, but skipper & co. handled it classier than i could have imagined.

in a world with an abundance of egos, john skipper seems like a really good dude.

Back