• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Conference Realignment Thread: New B1G divisions

Wow. Great move by those four schools. I'll be interested to see A&M's take on this. The Pac-10/12/16 gets a lot of credit for improving their reach in a way that will allow them to divide the conference that maintains several great rivalries and create new ones. The prospect of Texas or Oklahoma in the Rose Bowl is interesting as well. Their network is going to be a major force.

I'm sorry, but I hate the ACC. Swofford is just going to sit back and wait for shit to happen.

I'm sorry, but I hate the ACC. Swofford is just going to sit back and wait for shit to happen.

Well I know a current ACC coach that should be considered as Swofford's replacement...jus sayin.

I want him to be proactive, but he is probably twiddling his thumbs and don't know what to do because he does not know what is going to happen.

Does he know if anyone is going to leave the ACC?
If he invites Big East teams are the Big 10/11/12 and the SEC going to invite the same ones and embarrass the ACC when they choose the other conferences?

Is the Big 10 and the SEC going to attack the scraps of the Big 12? Does one of the snatch TCU?

A lot of questions no one knows the answer to.

So what happens to the Big 12?
Aside from Missouri, it was the bottom feeders anyway, so who knows what will happen to them.

Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Baylor and Missouri.

I can see Missouri and Kansas going to the Big Ten. That leaves Kansas State, Iowa State and Baylor. :laugh:

Haven't we heard this before? Think I'll wait until the ink is dry.

I see a 5th none power conference forming with some players in it that don't get scooped up. It would look like this.

Iowa St
Baylor
Kansas St.
Boise St.
BYU
Houston
TCU?

ND joins the Big 10 they Big 10 gets Pitt. what other 2?
SEC gets Kansas, Missouri, and WVU

Aside from Missouri, it was the bottom feeders anyway, so who knows what will happen to them.

Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Baylor and Missouri.

I can see Missouri and Kansas going to the Big Ten. That leaves Kansas State, Iowa State and Baylor. :laugh:

Only question there would be if the powers-that-be in Kansas and Iowa pull strings (such as Virginia did) to make sure that the Ag schools in those states are not left out.

Would not be shocked if Mizzou ended up in the SEC now. SEC needs at least one more team (and I'm thinking they'll take 3 more to go 16) and the Tigers will be one of them.

Baylor is in a bad position - small, private school that doesn't have a ton of backing and could very well be left out in the cold here. Afraid that could happen to Wake - especially with the incompetence that Swofford has exhibited in the past. The ACC could be a tantalizing prospect for the SEC (Clemson, FSU, VaTech) and the Big Televen (Maryland) - at that point, not much for the ACC to choose from - basically another raid of the Big East is it and hoping Cuse, UConn, West Virginia, USF, Pitt/Rutgers (though I'd think they go Big Televen) don't bolt elsewhere.

At least if UConn, Syracuse, West Virginia and Pitt joined the ACC, we'd have one hell of a hoops conference (though that means jack shit with football revenues reigning supreme).

Only question there would be if the powers-that-be in Kansas and Iowa pull strings (such as Virginia did) to make sure that the Ag schools in those states are not left out.

Would not be shocked if Mizzou ended up in the SEC now. SEC needs at least one more team (and I'm thinking they'll take 3 more to go 16) and the Tigers will be one of them.

Baylor is in a bad position - small, private school that doesn't have a ton of backing and could very well be left out in the cold here. Afraid that could happen to Wake - especially with the incompetence that Swofford has exhibited in the past. The ACC could be a tantalizing prospect for the SEC (Clemson, FSU, VaTech) and the Big Televen (Maryland) - at that point, not much for the ACC to choose from - basically another raid of the Big East is it and hoping Cuse, UConn, West Virginia, USF, Pitt/Rutgers (though I'd think they go Big Televen) don't bolt elsewhere.

At least if UConn, Syracuse, West Virginia and Pitt joined the ACC, we'd have one hell of a hoops conference (though that means jack shit with football revenues reigning supreme).

12 of 16 ACC teams in the NCAA tourney every year sorta like the Big East this past year.

I see a 5th none power conference forming with some players in it that don't get scooped up. It would look like this.

Iowa St
Baylor
Kansas St.
Boise St.
BYU
Houston
TCU?

Would not be surprised if Pitt goes Big Televen no matter what. They've got the academic standards that that conference seems to want, makes sense geographically and I could see them going for a 16 team Super Conference. Pitt, Maryland and ND would likely be their first calls. Iowa St. might get dragged in if the Iowa Legislature pulls a Virginia.

The ACC started all this conference moving shit and the ACC is being left behind.

Nice work, Swofford. Twat.

How about Baylor, Rice, SMU and Houston to the MWC?

Boise State
Nevada
Hawaii
Baylor
Rice
SMU
Houston
Air Force
Colorado State
San Diego State
Wyoming
New Mexico
UNLV

Last edited:
Is anyone else sad about the mega-conference era? I am.

I kinda am. But I really don't give a damn about conferences anyway, so it is hard for me to get really upset about it.

Hate that regional ties are being torn apart in the name of money and greed tho. Way of the word now tho.

C'est la vie.

12 of 16 ACC teams in the NCAA tourney every year sorta like the Big East this past year.

Pretty much.

The only other wildcard here is Villanova decides to jump to D1A in football at this point - would make sense to do it now since they could likely slide right into a major football conference. Would suck to have to play home games at the Linc (be similar to Miami) but they could be a decent add to the ACC if need be.

Iowa St
Baylor
Kansas St.
Boise St.
BYU
Houston
TCU?

At least let TCU join us for a season in the Big East before they leave for another conference.

No I want this done as soon as possible. lol

Back