• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DirecTV NFL Ticket - might be worth a phone call...

Same thing here... until we called to actually turn in their equipment. We gave them a "we're thinking about cancelling call," and a "we have this bundle offer from DirectTV - will you match it?" call. Nothing substantial from them. Then we call to return their equipment after the DirectTV installation is complete, and now they want to negotiate. Had the pleasure of laughing in their faces. We get many more 1080 channels through DirectTV (720p from TWC) and the picture is much better. Enjoyed having Sunday Ticket for free this season. Never going back to TWC - same sentiments as Deadbolt. Anyone thinking about jumping, should.

That happened to me, too, when I switched. I gave them every opportunity and they just kept shitting on me. The day after I had DTV installed, they finally called with all kinds of offers. Since I switched, everything is so much better. Better picture quality, the equipment isn't 1000 years old...no way would I go back to cable now.

Typically the reason you get offers when you cancel is because you end up with a CSR.

If you call and say add programming or change programming, you get a sales person. They don't have access to give you the really good deals. If you call with a problem and then have them take programming off, you're talking to a support person.

Just call and say cancel, cancel, cancel at every prompt and you'll get someone who's job is based on retaining you as a customer. They have far more power to give you stuff.

We got offers when we called TWC the first two times - they just weren't anything close to competitive... I forget the specifics, but it was like $5 off our near $200 bill. They had the power, but lacked the motivation. In hindsight, I should thank them as I am much happier now.

I am going to get the Sunday ticket package soon - has anyone gotten any deals lately?

Wow. May have to call back again. Max just adds the Redzone Channel and the ability to watch on other devices. Think it's regularly 5 payments of $59.

I called to cancel mine - got all the way to cancellations - and they gave me 2 months free, plus a $15/month credit for the next year on my bill. So it's basically free.

For anyone who doesn't know, in the new contract the NFL required DirectTV to offer the Sunday Ticket Online to people who don't have a DirectTV subscription. DirectTV obviously hates it, so they don't promote it and don't put it on their website until just before the season starts. The link is active now, so you can go ahead and order it ($300). Not cheap, but less than I would spend at a bar over the course of the season, plus lets me watch it anywhere at home and not have the wife bitching at me about disappearing on the weekend. I watch it on the IPad or just mirror the IPad on the TV using AppleTV. This article explains it better and provides the direct link to purchase it:

http://www.sportsgeekery.com/28772/get-nfl-sunday-ticket-online-without-directv/

For anyone who doesn't know, in the new contract the NFL required DirectTV to offer the Sunday Ticket Online to people who don't have a DirectTV subscription. DirectTV obviously hates it, so they don't promote it and don't put it on their website until just before the season starts. The link is active now, so you can go ahead and order it ($300). Not cheap, but less than I would spend at a bar over the course of the season, plus lets me watch it anywhere at home and not have the wife bitching at me about disappearing on the weekend. I watch it on the IPad or just mirror the IPad on the TV using AppleTV. This article explains it better and provides the direct link to purchase it:

http://www.sportsgeekery.com/28772/get-nfl-sunday-ticket-online-without-directv/

Isn't this the same thing you get when buying Madden 25 from Amazon? $200 less and you get a game out of it.

ETA: HTTD beat me to it. Posrep to both of you

Isn't this the same thing you get when buying Madden 25 from Amazon? $200 less and you get a game out of it.

Not sure if it is the same thing or not, I assumed it would be some sort of half-ass trial version with Madden. But I could be wrong. I don't have a game system and watching the Giants is one of my great pleasures in life so I'm not going to fuck around over $200 in this context, but understand why some people would go that route.

I read up on the Madden offer and it seems to be legit. Only trick to it is that you can't watch it on your TV (mobile and computer only) unless you hook up a computer to your tv. The DirecTV app might have the AirPlay capability but I'd highly doubt it. Mine should get here tomorrow so I'll update after I try it.

Does it give you a DVR-like option to start a game late or watch later that night?

I'm about ready to give up Directv, but like starting games at 2 or 3 and catching up. I've also got kids, so pausing and replaying is a huge deal for me.

I read up on the Madden offer and it seems to be legit. Only trick to it is that you can't watch it on your TV (mobile and computer only) unless you hook up a computer to your tv. The DirecTV app might have the AirPlay capability but I'd highly doubt it. Mine should get here tomorrow so I'll update after I try it.

Yeah, I cut the cord a while back so this is why it appeals to me. Thinking of introducing a HTPC setup soon, so mobile/computer only won't be a problem.

Back