• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DirecTV NFL Ticket - might be worth a phone call...

Went from Comcast to DirecTV and could not have been happier with the change BUT I still had to use Comcast Internet.

Went from Comcast to DirecTV and could not have been happier with the change BUT I still had to use Comcast Internet.

Much better picture quality with DirecTV than TWC. Perhaps more 1080 stations than 720? Better compression/decompression signal algorithms, not sure, but noticeable difference for me. Hope you get same picture improvement.

For multiple rooms how does Direct TV manage that? Charter charges a box rental fee for each room and no service without a box. A real bummer for guest rooms where having a TV is nice but used only a few times a year.

Last edited:
Directv has 4 free room setups and no box fee on any of them and free dvr on all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use TWC internet and Direct for TV.

Called to cancel the Sunday ticket today after my first year free and they asked me if I actually wanted it.... I said yes. They gave it to me gratis.

Worth a phone call.

Use TWC internet and Direct for TV.

Called to cancel the Sunday ticket today after my first year free and they asked me if I actually wanted it.... I said yes. They gave it to me gratis.

Worth a phone call.

I may need to try this. Thanks.

Any other tips for reducing the bill?

I may need to try this. Thanks.

Any other tips for reducing the bill?

call every few months to see what special deals they have going on at the time. sometimes you get lucky.

referring people gets you and them 10 bucks off a month for 10 months, but im assuming you knew that one already

Just called DirecTV. They gave me a discount on Sunday Ticket and my regular package that will lower my bill by about $50/month over another 24 month contract.

Good news for those of us who get the Sunday Ticket streaming service without having DirectTV, I got an email last week from the NFL saying this year the Sunday Ticket app will finally be available for AppleTV, so no more having to screen mirror from an ipad.

The ipad app is crystal clear, so I assume the AppleTV app will be similar. Mirroring the ipad screen to the TV lost some of the quality though; still decent and better than regular TV when I was a kid but not like cable HD. The only glitch I've had with it is that in years past I've needed the latest iOS version to run the app, which I usually otherwise refuse to download because it fucks everything else up. So I've had to bite the bullet and update iOS before the season starts. Also it seems like every year they have bandwidth issues the first week of the season so it may be tough to log on. It is usually cleared up by week 2.

It does run on maybe a 30 second delay from actual live footage, so if you have a broadcast game on TV while watching another on the ipad, sometimes you'll get an update on the TV before it has happened in the game you're watching.

Last time I checked, the data plan with AT&T was poor.

Still is.

Good to see you guys getting free/discounted Sunday ticket. I complained about my NFL Sunday ticket price last year since they were giving it to my parents for free and they wouldn't budge on price for me as a repeat customer. I even went through the cancellation process and they 'couldn't adjust' things, so I dropped DirecTV all together. My parents live close enough and I need some quality time with them so it might as well be over Panthers games. :) Saves me some $ too.

That sucks, Storm. The rep I talked to was happy to offer the discount. Said he was a Pats fan nowhere near the northeast so he hated to see anybody drop it. They must be aggressively trying to keep subscribers this year.

Streaming has been added to the base Sunday Ticket plan. That's a huge addition.

I was only able to get them down to 20% off just now.. Ended up just canceling it altogether.

10-year DTV subscriber here. Yesterday (having recently charged me for 3 Sunday Ticket payments after I had cancelled), for the first time in 10 years I could not even get a rebate offer for another year's subscription. I will try one more time but will cancel without a substantial discount. That will suck as it will significantly impact our Wake viewing, but $100+ per month is not worth it. Time to get creative.

That sucks, Storm. The rep I talked to was happy to offer the discount. Said he was a Pats fan nowhere near the northeast so he hated to see anybody drop it. They must be aggressively trying to keep subscribers this year.

Streaming has been added to the base Sunday Ticket plan. That's a huge addition.

What discount did you get, Ph?

Back