• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC restaurants that are overrated or overpriced

I, for one, would love to see a positive thread of things bkf loves or appreciates (apart from BK). Wouldn't that be refreshing....

I, for one, would love to see a positive thread of things bkf loves or appreciates (apart from BK). Wouldn't that be refreshing....

How many threads can you have about Bob Knight, Howard Dean and JD Salinger?

"Breakfast of course" in Winston. Got tricked into going there for a hungover meal. Paid 20 dollars to get gross ass "breakfast" "food" served to me by a woman who had arm pit hair. Shit was nasty.

"Breakfast of course" in Winston. Got tricked into going there for a hungover meal. Paid 20 dollars to get gross ass "breakfast" "food" served to me by a woman who had arm pit hair. Shit was nasty.

GTFO

seriously though, who starts a thread with the intent of saying something negative about lexington bbq, of all things on earth?

I thought it deserved to be said. I just ate there Saturday. Two small trays of barbeque & slaw with a few hush puppies on the side & tea was almost $18. That's trays...not plates....and very small ones at that. The kind of tray an order of french fries comes in.....about 2 inches by 4 inches....and the slaw and barbeque were both in that same tray. You had about 4 good bites of barbeque, I would say.

I blame Wall Street.

I agree,the portions are kind of small but I'd probably pay double for that honey monk meat of the gods. For any bbq aficionados in CLT- a town notoriously and embarrassingly lacking in good Q- you need to check out saucemans on west blvd. Shit is LEGIT.

I'll start the list:

Lexington BBQ.

Nothing wrong with the food.....but it is ridiculously overpriced for what it is. Stamey's in Greensboro and Parker's in Wilson are two similar restaurants that come to mind which are far better when everything is considered, IMO.....and I'm sure there are many, many others as well.

Parker's is great. I like Allen and Sons in Chapel Hill (actually, the Bynum locale is the best).

Didn't Stamey's stroke an enormous check to Wake?

IIRC Allen and Sons ain't cheap. Probably overpriced too if someone is saying Lexington is, which I'm not.

fify.

I've never been impressed with that place. Save your money and buy fresh seafood to cook yourself.

A better topic, if you ask me.

I buy at:
1) O'Neal's Sea Harvest in Wanchese. Best in the State, but not the cheapest.
2) Motts in Wrightsville.

Anybody else got any recs?

I would throw The Pit in Raleigh on this list. It's a pretty good spot, but it has prices like a much higher end restaurant and the BBQ is good, but it ain't all that.

Back