• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC restaurants that are overrated or overpriced

I thought it deserved to be said. I just ate there Saturday. Two small trays of barbeque & slaw with a few hush puppies on the side & tea was almost $18. That's trays...not plates....and very small ones at that. The kind of tray an order of french fries comes in.....about 2 inches by 4 inches....and the slaw and barbeque were both in that same tray. You had about 4 good bites of barbeque, I would say.

Occupy Lexington BBQ

Nope, the one at North Point is now a self storage building, and the one over by Salem College is also closed.

I think the one in High Point is still open - it was a year or so ago.

I think the one in High Point is still open - it was a year or so ago.

If you mean the one on High Point road, that's Greensboro. Last I saw, it was open, but probably the same time frame as you.

Nope, the one at North Point is now a self storage building, and the one over by Salem College is also closed.

That place was awesome. Loved the bus, but I was never able to eat in there. Was that the smoking section or something?

If you mean the one on High Point road, that's Greensboro. Last I saw, it was open, but probably the same time frame as you.

I was talking about the one in High Point, not High Point Road. But I was just so lovingly reminded that it was nearly 4 years ago when I last went there, not a little over a year ago.

"Breakfast of course" in Winston. Got tricked into going there for a hungover meal. Paid 20 dollars to get gross ass "breakfast" "food" served to me by a woman who had arm pit hair. Shit was nasty.

I'm with you. And when I was there it took foreverrrr.

Bell brothers
:sick:

Is Darryl's still open?

The one in GSO is open and we tried to go a month or so ago on a Friday and it was an hour wait. I had some AWESOME shrimp & grits from there at a bridal show so I'm tryna get there.

I'll echo the Noma comment. Too bad too because that's prime Downtown W-S space.

The Pit in Raleigh just doesn't do it for me either.

Downtown Thai is up there for me. So many better places to get Thai in Winston.

I'll echo the Noma comment. Too bad too because that's prime Downtown W-S space.

The Pit in Raleigh just doesn't do it for me either.

Oh yeah, good one. Not that I've been to any other Thai places but I just know there are better.

Where? I'm pretty sure there weren't any Thai places when I last lived in Winston. Need to add some to my list when I go home to visit my parents.

The pit's drinks and sides are really good, the Q is just okay. The reason the price is so high is they have some prime real estate.

Where? I'm pretty sure there weren't any Thai places when I last lived in Winston. Need to add some to my list when I go home to visit my parents.

Thai Sawatdee (2 locations) is my personal favorite. Although there has been a boom of Thai restaurants in Winston in the past 5-7 months.

The pit's drinks and sides are really good, the Q is just okay. The reason the price is so high is they have some prime real estate.

Agreed. Their sides (and apps) are pretty bangin'.

ETA: Funny thing about their real estate, is that I don't think it was prime until they moved in and that whole area started to get a face lift. Now it is definitely prime space.

Oh I understand the why, just doesn't add up for me. They do have a good selection of local beer though. First place I ever had Aviator's Steamhead.

Thai Sawatdee (2 locations) is my personal favorite. Although there has been a boom of Thai restaurants in Winston in the past 5-7 months.

What's the one on Jonestown? Tadachai or something? My SIL loves it.

That "Great" hamburger place in Siler City or Ramseur where they charge you for drink refills.

Are you talking about Melvin's in Elizabethtown?

The most overrated place in the Pinehurst area is Vito's Pizza. Most people love it and I just can't see why. Chef Warren's is overpriced but decent enough for me not to rail on.

In Winston I'll say BW3's for chain and Finnegan's for local (is it a chain? Maybe). Fun bar but the food is really expensive and tasteless.

Winston's most underrated are Asian Bistro and Teddy G's.

Back