• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Clubs are shifting away from pay-for-play, btw. It's slow, but it is happening. I hope you support your local area clubs' fund raisers to support these efforts for getting "scholarships" for underprivileged kids to play at higher levels for free/reduced cost.

I coach at the high school level, which I realize is often times not even at the level of classic travel soccer. I support our local clubs, but I also have seen plenty of subpar players whose mommy and daddy drive a Lexus make teams over some of my less fiscally fortunate players who are much more skilled. Travel soccer exists, at least at the coach and the director levels, as a money-making enterprise. It's hard to argue that our developmental system is functioning well when 1/5 of our team is made up of players trained in countries outside of our own.

I coach at the high school level, which I realize is often times not even at the level of classic travel soccer. I support our local clubs, but I also have seen plenty of subpar players whose mommy and daddy drive a Lexus make teams over some of my less fiscally fortunate players who are much more skilled. Travel soccer exists, at least at the coach and the director levels, as a money-making enterprise. It's hard to argue that our developmental system is functioning well when 1/5 of our team is made up of players trained in countries outside of our own.

you'll find no argument from me there and it is flat out wrong

Well, at least Nagbe will be back in the Timbers side within 2 weeks.

Bradley is back to attempting passes of four yards or less since he can't complete anything longer than that

Columbia kits look kinda like Germany. Team doesn't look like Germany.

US has played like shit, but how have none of these 9 million penalties outside the box resulted in a yellow?

Back