• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

15 games left after tonight's beat down

What makes you think there were incentives in the agreement?

I would like to know what makes the buy-out drop significantly after this year. We have talked about various hypothetical explanations but no one really knows whether that is true, or, if it is true, why it is...

The amount he’s owed reduces every year and zeroes out when the contract ends.

18 mill was the initial amount. Have no idea how much it reduces each season or the factors (if any) that affect it.

Some people are underestimating how much the University is losing in ticket sales. Like I've said before, they've had to give away a lot of free tickets to save face on attendance. Almost 1000 free tickets have gone out already for the next game against BC. If the "announced" attendance at games is 4800, which is still terrible, factor in that only 3900-4200 people actually paid to be there.

On a related note, ACC Tournament tix order form came yesterday from WF AD. Anyone? Bueller?

One reason Currie may be still doing evaluations is to build the business case for a coaching change. Buyout money has to come from somewhere. A "Go fund me " campaign isn't likely to get near enough for buying out Manning.

The more facts and figures Currie has in March to make that case, the more likely he is to get Wake supporters with deep pockets to give to the Danny Manning go away fund.

Maybe. But it shouldn’t be that hard of a sell for anyone paying attention.

Back