• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2012 Spring Game

Spring game photos

Spring game gallery

Spring game slideshow

Jordan-Garside-TD-L.jpg

AJ-Marshall-intercepts-pass-to-L.jpg

AJ-Marshall-interception-L.jpg

Orville-Reynolds-tackled-by-L.jpg

Keenon-Rush-handoff-to-Deandre-L.jpg

Josh-Harris-pursued-by-Daniel-L.jpg

Jimmy-Newman-FG-hold-by-Alex-L.jpg

Tyler-Jackson-tackled-L.jpg

Merrill-Noel-Brandon-Chubb-L.jpg

Tanner-Price-interview-L.jpg

Josh-Harris-autograph-L.jpg

OL looked shaky, but I liked what I saw from Himebauch. He was very active the whole time.

yes, everyone was on the west side. really good crowd imo.

Standouts from the game were AJ Marshal, KJ, Sousa's mobility, and Josh Harris back healthy and doing his thing. Wanted to see more from Orville, but he couldnt find any holes. Impressed with the crowd size, probably in the 6-8000 range, but that could be way off. Great day for football.

Kinal averaged 50 yards a punt and had an off-day.... :willynilly:

Do we have any depth at RB beyond Reynolds and Harris?

Great crowd today and I think our defense will solidify. With a good fall practice, Sousa could be a very solid backup to Price.

Do we have any depth at RB beyond Reynolds and Harris?

Great crowd today and I think our defense will solidify. With a good fall practice, Sousa could be a very solid backup to Price.

Tyler Jackson looked pretty good at times, but he just needs to hold on to the damn ball....

Good to hear. Hate he was ineligible for last season but if he and Noel can hold down the starting corner spots I think Kenny will do well in the nickel. THink AJ is going to end up playing a lot of S/CB combination.

If AJ keeps it up I dont know how you keep him off the field.

Garside's wheel route for the td was a thing of beauty. There is a solid contingent of soft soft scholarship players where if they were as tough and had the work ethic of walk on guys like garside and bishop we'd really be in business. #realtalk

I've heard KJ is the best corner on the team, Bud included

KJ looked really good in game and I hope he plays this week come next year. Bud is very solid, so if KJ can even be close, then we have a chance to have a very good defensive backfield. I'm excited about this team and think we can get a pretty good bowl, considering UNC and possibly Miami won't be able to go to bowl game.

Kinal averaged 50 yards a punt and had an off-day.... :willynilly:

Dont get excited. The rules of the scrimmage were no returns. The 64 yard punt was a low line drive that was off to the right so the return man gave a half hearted attempt as it scooted past him into the end zone. The first punt that went 45yards was also a low line drive that was caught and would have likely been returned for very good yardage. Kinals net yardage would have been pitiful if returns were allowed.

Consider hang time. What you read and what you see can tell different stories. Kinal's body language would say it all most of the time as he would walk off the field clearly disappointed with a lot of his punts. They didn't run any rugby style punts so Im curious to see how he does with them.

Tentative first team O-line did some good things and bought Cross some time to throw early in the game. Depth is going to be an issue as always. I am worried about how our new Ts are going to deal with speed rushers. Solid but not nimble.

D-line and Linebackers are best thought of as a unit. We are not going to get much pressure with a 3 man front alone and that is why it seemed a lot of the game we had a lot of people on or near the line with or without their hand on the ground.

I'm not a fan of rugby-style kicks.

He was pretty awful to begin with and I was firmly a Wulfeck hater but he turned it on in the second half of the season and actually punted pretty well IIRC. Think he played really well against Clemson maybe? I was pretty drunk at the bar watching that game (NCSU had just lost to BC :rulz:) so I might be miss-remembering. I'd say going into next season i'd consider him an average ACC punter.

Yes, he put up some really good numbers at the end of the season. IIRC he had a really strong outing against Vandy.

Back