• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 Atlanta Braves Thread: HOF SMOLTZIE!

I question how they are gonna sell tickets this year

Yeah, we were going to head down to a game or two this year, but not considering that now.

I think I'll watch "Money Ball" again and hope for the best.

KLAW top 100:

Peraza 24,
Folty 47,
Albies 66,
Jenkins 82.
Ruiz 93,
Fried 100

He was/is, but tough to rank a guy too high when he basically did not pitch last year, and won't pitch at all in 2015.

So the extension that Fredi signed was only a one year extension. This is his last year under contract.

Reactions: Go
So the extension that Fredi signed was only a one year extension. This is his last year under contract.

Mixed reporting by Fox Sports on this. First they say they expect an extension, then they say Hart wants to wait and see.

Better to find a manager of the future sometime this year or might as well get used to this moron.

Atlanta Braves ‏@Braves 4m4 minutes ago
The Braves have acquired catchers Jose Briceno and Chris O’Dowd in exchange for right-handed pitchers David Hale and Gus Schlosser

Reactions: Go
Briceno is supposed to be very good, but this one befuddles me. I liked Hale and Gus

I liked Hale too, but the team has like literally 6 dudes who are candidates to be the 5th starter, so he was expendable, and I like having a good C prospect since it seems like Bethancourt has bust potential.

I don't understand this one. Why do we trade two young pitchers for catchers?? Do they not think Bethancourt is the future anymore?

Bethancourt is far from a sure thing and the system was really thin at catcher, especially if you believe Tanner Murphy will have to move positions eventually. Hale is going to be shelled in Colorado.

Did we know this was coming??

Atlanta Braves ‏@Braves 1m1 minute ago
RHP Shae Simmons underwent successful “Tommy John” surgery today to reconstruct the ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow

lebron-puppet-facepalm.gif

That news on Shae Simmons really sucks, as he was sort of like 1 of the very few intriguing bright spots I was looking forward to watching next season. Now our bullpen is just Kimbrel and all old washed up former closers. Maybe Vizcaino will stay healthy and impress.

Back