• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 GRAND SLAM CONTEST - THE MASTERS - deacref wins!

Sleepy

Joakim Blom
Reaction score
Time to kick-off the 2014 Grand Slam Contest. This contest will run through the 2014 season, and a winner will crowned at the end of the season. You get bonus points for participation so be sure to submit an entry for each Major.

NFDeac won the Grand Slam Contest last year with Vegas Jethro and deacman5 finishing 2nd and 3rd, respectively. Full 2013 results and full-season Grand Slam scoring explained here: http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php/18443-2013-GRAND-SLAM-CONTEST-cville-wins-PGA-NFDeac-wins-Grand-Slam!?p=1376410&viewfull=1#post1376410

THE MASTERS, a tradition unlike any other

FORMAT: Listed below are most of the golfers participating in the The Masters. You need to pick 6 of them with a total value of 400 or more. Pick carefully - your team will end up "missing the cut" if more than two of your golfers miss the cut in the event! To make your selections, send me a PM with the golfers' names and point values.

SCORING: Your score will be the aggregate of your best four golfers. Since you have to have at least four scores counting, if more than two of your golfers miss the cut, so does your team. There are also "bonus points" at the end of the tournament. If you've got the champion golfer on your team, it's -5. The runner-up gets you -3, and having the third-place golfer gets you -1 off your score.

DEADLINE: All entries must be sent to me by 8:00 AM Thursday, April 10th.

Live Updating Spreadsheet:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xc5x6c9wlast14b/Masters 2014.xls

You have to download/save the file and open with Excel.

Players who don't suck:

GolferValue
Rory McIlroy10
Adam Scott10
Jason Day15
Matt Kuchar15
Phil Mickelson15
Dustin Johnson20
Zach Johnson25
Brandt Snedeker25
Jordan Spieth25
Henrik Stenson25
Bubba Watson25
Jason Dufner30
Sergio Garcia30
Justin Rose30
Keegan Bradley35
Angel Cabrera40
Harris English40
Hunter Mahan40
Charl Schwartzel40
Graham DeLaet50
Luke Donald50
Louis Oosthuizen50
Jimmy Walker50
Lee Westwood50
Rickie Fowler60
Graeme McDowell60
Ian Poulter60
Jim Furyk75
Bill Haas75
Hideki Matsuyama75
Ryan Moore75
Steve Stricker75
Gary Woodland75
Webb Simpson80
Matt Every80
Fred Couples100
Jamie Donaldson100
Ernie Els100
Marc Leishman100
Victor Dubuisson100
Matt Jones100
K.J. Choi125
Thorbjørn Olesen125
Nick Watney125
Peter Hanson125
Russell Henley125
Chris Kirk125

Players who suck and are worth 150 points each:
Sang-Moon Bae
Thomas Bjørn
Jonas Blixt
Steven Bowditch
Roberto Castro
Stewart Cink
Tim Clark
Darren Clarke
Ben Crenshaw
Brendon de Jonge
Ken Duke
Derek Ernst
Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano
Matthew Fitzpatrick
Stephen Gallacher
Lucas Glover
Oliver Goss
Branden Grace
Billy Horschel
John Huh
Trevor Immelman
Thongchai Jaidee
Miguel Angel Jimenez
Martin Kaymer
Bernhard Langer
Chang-woo Lee
Joost Luiten
Sandy Lyle
David Lynn
Matteo Manassero
Michael McCoy
Larry Mize
Francesco Molinari
Jordan Niebrugge
Jose Maria Olazabal
Mark O'Meara
D.A. Points
Garrick Porteous
Patrick Reed
John Senden
Vijay Singh
Craig Stadler
Kevin Stadler
Scott Stallings
Kevin Streelman
Tom Watson
Boo Weekley
Mike Weir
Ian Woosnam
Y.E. Yang

Last edited:
ColbertGIF.gif

aaaand in

The free spot has finally been fixed. The easiest each year used to be Angel Cabrera at about 100. DAMN!!

I'm half thinking going with Team Australia - Scott, Day, Leishman, Senden, Bowditch and Matt Nice Chip Jones. There are also a lot of 1st timers who have been playing well. I normally don't like going with 1st timers, but this year I'm considering 3-4 of them.

The free spot has finally been fixed. The easiest each year used to be Angel Cabrera at about 100. DAMN!!

No shit. First time playing, I blew in the Masters last year and finished next to DFL. I improved a bit as the season progressed . He had a bit to do with that.

Vegas has him at 60, Sleepy's got him at 40. I need to re-calibrate.

Who do folks think is gonna do better, Scott or McIlroy?

No shit. First time playing, I blew in the Masters last year and finished next to DFL. I improved a bit as the season progressed . He had a bit to do with that.

Vegas has him at 60, Sleepy's got him at 40. I need to re-calibrate.

If Sleepy had Cabrera at 60 like Vegas it would be great.

First time playing in this, nervous as shit.

In at 415. Not sure if this team will stay as is.

Sleepy,

Thanks for doing this. I sent a PM with my picks.

Got a balanced team this year....3 Americans & 3 Foreignors. 400 points on the nose.

And once again, Sleepy. This is about the best thing on these boards. You do a great job and this is something we all look forward to each year.

2 Americans/four non-Americans. Was within 5 points of having my dream team.

Back