• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015-2016 MLB Stove: Talk To Your Congressman About Stopping DH Expansion

This season could be pretty OK if Maikel Franco is going to continue to hit a HR every fifth at bat or so.

ETA: JDawg and damo, tell your team to televise more games so I can see Maikel Franco home runs, please.

Last edited:
Fowlers comments on why the deal with the Orioles fell through

“We never really were close,” says Fowler. “They wanted me to pay them what they said the draft choice I was costing them was valued at. They wanted me to pay them for the pick. So we said, OK, then give me an opt-out after one year, and they said that’s something they won’t do.”

Classy team there.

Fowlers comments on why the deal with the Orioles fell through

Classy team there.

Serious baiting here. No one would give up the 27th pick for a one year deal. Also hard to give him an opt out when they refused to give one to Davis.

Fowler, translated: "They tried to negotiate so I took a worse deal to really stick it to 'em. How dare they!"

Fowler, translated: "They tried to negotiate so I took a worse deal to really stick it to 'em. How dare they!"

Unless your priorities are only money, worse deal with the Cubs > better deal with the O's.

Am I the only one who, in my head, yells "Mike Olt!" like "Steve Holt!"?

I do not yell Mike Olt, but when I see his name I always think "my colt." I think someone on Twitter is to blame for that, but I'm not sure.

Don't bait me bro

Serious baiting here. No one would give up the 27th pick for a one year deal. Also hard to give him an opt out when they refused to give one to Davis.

It was the second round pick anyway with gallardo signed, but sure, you guys got it right, asking a guy to take $8 million less because that is the cost of a pick is solid negotiating tactics.

Also, instead of 3/$35, he took a 1/$13, its not really much worse.

Adam LaRoche retired because the White Sox wouldn't let him bring his son into the clubhouse anymore.

Do we have any White Sox fans on this board? If so, what's your take on this whole LaRoche drama? To an outsider, it seems really silly and pretty embarrassing. Adam Eaton called a 14 year old a club house leader. Wtf? Although LaRoche seems like a good guy, this is kind of stupid on him.

Not a Sox fan but was a big fan of LaRoche when he was a Nat. My first thought was that it was really dumb but based on what Chris Sale said and the fact that LaRoche was told his son would have access and that's why he signed with the Sox, it sounds like this is the straw that broke the camel's back of a much bigger issue.

Not a Sox fan but was a big fan of LaRoche when he was a Nat. My first thought was that it was really dumb but based on what Chris Sale said and the fact that LaRoche was told his son would have access and that's why he signed with the Sox, it sounds like this is the straw that broke the camel's back of a much bigger issue.

It seems pretty clear to me that at least a handful of players bitched behind the scenes about Laroche's donk home schooled kid always being in the clubhouse, on the plane, taking drills with the team, etc. Williams is taking all the heat and not outing the players who didn't want the kid around.

Do we have any White Sox fans on this board? If so, what's your take on this whole LaRoche drama? To an outsider, it seems really silly and pretty embarrassing. Adam Eaton called a 14 year old a club house leader. Wtf? Although LaRoche seems like a good guy, this is kind of stupid on him.
Oh yes we do. He's a "fan" of a certain coach named Bob.

They won't admit it now, but I'm sure the other players were annoyed by having a kid hanging around all the time.

I agree that Williams is likely taking the heat for others, but he didn't exactly handle it well. Also, it doesn't happen if LaRoche didn't suck out loud last year.

Rafael Soriano is retiring. The Nats still owe him $14 million.

Just saw a pic of Evan Longoria and my god does he still look exactly like Johnny Bananas. That is so weird.

Apparently the dbacks want the city to pay for upgrades to their stadium and are threatening to leave. What a joke. Publicly funded stadiums are awful.

Apparently the dbacks want the city to pay for upgrades to their stadium and are threatening to leave. What a joke. Publicly funded stadiums are awful.

New TV deal pays them $80 mil a year. Fuck em

Back