• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Basketball Coaching Carousel (Bo Ryan to retire in 2016)

I mean, I do. But I also agree with your point. Dv7, you should join shaggy bevo.

For me it is and always will be Wake 1 and Texas 2.

I think manning is going to do well here. The question is whether he will do final 4 well or consistent with before redacted well.

To be fair, both Skip and Odom had Final Four worthy teams. Odom probably got too old too fast and Skip just didn't have enough time to breakthrough. You can win at Wake Forest.

To be fair, both Skip and Odom had Final Four worthy teams. Odom probably got too old too fast and Skip just didn't have enough time to breakthrough. You can win at Wake Forest.

Oh agreed. And I think manning has the chops to build a final 4 caliber team recruiting wise. What I'm unsure of is if he is the game coach to get them there or if we will do what we've done before (ie not have the breakthrough). Your description was actually what I was going for.

True... will be interesting to see how he does with actual talent

I'm a bkf and rj junior in the making at the same time! Big shoes to fill!
I, for one, am liking forward to you continuing to beat a dead horse all summer on how Manning hasn't proved anything yet.

I'm reserving judgement on Shaka until I find out where he lives here. If he moves out in Lakeway with all the OWGs he's dead to me.

His house in Richmond is in the Fan, just a short jog from campus (the neighborhood is upscale, old and pretty row homes). Based on that, I'm guessing he's gonna buy a nice house in the city not too far from campus.

. Yeah the Richmond burbs would have been a 20-30 minute haul for Shaka. The cooler neighborhood was also more convenient. Idk how Austin is laid out so idk what he'll do.

Dave Bliss news conference at Southwestern Christian University set for Wednesday at 3 p.m. I'm still speechless he got hired.

-Jeff Goodman tweet

Last edited:
Dave Bliss news conference at Southwestern Christian University set for Wednesday at 3 p.m. I'm still speechless he got hired.

-Jeff Goodman tweet

Bliss had nothing to do with that murder. All he did was try to smear the decedent after the fact in order to make himself look less bad. Is that so wrong? And I'm not seeing any irony in this coaching hire.

Well, he was caught cheating at SMU, received the show-cause at Baylor, and then got caught cheating in high school ball.

Well, he was caught cheating at SMU, received the show-cause at Baylor, and then got caught cheating in high school ball.

Is that so wrong?

LOL

Odom is the guy that couldn't get to a final four with Tim Duncan. Prosser is the guy that couldn't get to a final four with Chris Paul. That's how I would summarize their place in Wake hoops history in 20 words or less.

Odom is the guy that couldn't get to a final four with Tim Duncan. Prosser is the guy that couldn't get to a final four with Chris Paul. That's how I would summarize their place in Wake hoops history in 20 words or less.

Yep. Two once in a lifetime players only a few years apart.

Odom is also the guy who rebuilt Wake basketball to the place where making the Final Four was a realistic goal.

A little harsh especially given Prosser only had two years of Paul. Freshman Paul was good but certainly wasn't going to carry a team to the final four without major help.

I agree generally with your post. UCLA is definitely the better job

But what are you trying to say about recruiting?

That football is still king in Texas. Kids don't commit to Texas for hoops just because they grew up rooting for Longhorn football. The Texas blue chippers get looks from Duke, UNC, KU, etc, and are more likely to end up at one of those places than Texas usually.

Back