• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 FB Recruiting: Mr. South Carolina Matt Colburn signs with #theawakening!

Little insight on Brother Rice. Great academic and athletic school, in that upper tier of private schools in Michigan along with Catholic Central, Country Day and Orchard Lake St. Mary's. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a Michigan offer either. Brother Rice is a very rich school and has a ton of ties to UofM.

Predictable. I think he signs with UofM, Brother Rice is a blue feeder.

Predictable. I think he signs with UofM, Brother Rice is a blue feeder.

I remember someone predicting UofM. 247 has us as the leader and predicted destination. I can't remember if that was mentioned earlier in the thread.

I remember someone predicting UofM. 247 has us as the leader and predicted destination. I can't remember if that was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Oh just your local Michigan high school football insider

JUST CALL ME ADAM SCHEF

Malzone doesn't have a Michigan offer yet per Scout. In fact all offers are 2 tier except us....just FYI

Reading the tea leaves, it looks like Michigan will offer Malzone if they miss on higher targets.

Malzone would be a huge get. His Scout page has some good info about him. They rate him as a 4*, with the following strengths: Accuracy / Consistency, Arm Strength, and Mental Toughness. His only weakness is "Size" (Malzone is 6-2, 200). The scouting report there, from Allen Trieu: "Has the arm to make all the throws. Mechanics can still use polishing, but he has good velocity on his passes, shows excellent timing and is very accurate. Shows the ability to make tough throws into coverage and has great touch down the field. Shows calm under pressure and lead several late game winning drives and has been in big game situations."

He seems to be a consensus top 20 QB in the class. 247 lists him as the #17 pro-style QB in the class, while Scout lists him at the #17 overall QB. Rivals has him as the #16 pro-style QB.

The big thing with him is that we were the first BCS program to offer; I really hope that ends up meaning something.

Reading the tea leaves, it looks like Michigan will offer Malzone if they miss on higher targets.

I hope we land him, still think he will end up at Michigan. Probably wouldn't be wise of he wants to battle for early PT Michigan still has Devin Gardner and Suga Shane Morris is only a Sophomore.

It's nice that Clawson and the other coaches are using their previous contacts and knowledge of the OH/MI/etc area to attract some recruits for WF. Opens up a nice new area to pick up a few recruits every so often.

It's nice that Clawson and the other coaches are using their previous contacts and knowledge of the OH/MI/etc area to attract some recruits for WF. Opens up a nice new area to pick up a few recruits every so often.

Sure is, Michigan doesn't have great high school football but it does produce some excellent QBs from the power house rich catholic schools. Kids coming from there are smart and won't have a problem at Wake academically.

Back