• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 FB Recruiting: Mr. South Carolina Matt Colburn signs with #theawakening!

Oh well....would've been a great addition, can't fault a kid for wanting to play for the hometown team. Still great to be in the running for 'hat pickers'. One of these days we'll start landing a few.

Dude even reached for the Wake hat before picking up the box of UMD letters on the floor.

This is what got me, too. This whole segment was LOWF. We watch 50 minutes of MD's local news channel, we finally get to the moment, he's hyping academics and relationships with the coaches, Wake hat is the only hat on the table, he has already eliminated Florida, he fakes for wake hat and reaches under chair only to pick the twerps.

Oh well....would've been a great addition, can't fault a kid for wanting to play for the hometown team. Still great to be in the running for 'hat pickers'. One of these days we'll start landing a few.

It's not horseshoes....Hard to feel good about almost filling a position of need

That's awesome.

Seriously. Do we want someone who would do that kind of shit. Hat pickers. It's ridiculous?

I hate that hat bullshit. It is not representative of a quality person.

Reminds me of the James Wilson situation. Think he'd really like to come to Wake, but there's too much pressure to stay local.

Fuck him.

I hope he blows a knee out week one. Not that he chose Maryland, I hate the lack of class. These kids get blown for months. The entire process is bullshit. No excuse for it....

Seriously. Do we want someone who would do that kind of shit. Hat pickers. It's ridiculous?

I hate that hat bullshit. It is not representative of a quality person.

I'm going to have to go all OWG and agree. Pretty "me first" move. I guess it's one thing if you're genuinely waiting until the last day to decide, but by all accounts this dude committed last week to UMd and just wanted to make the 5 oclock news...

Oh well. Kudos to the staff. Would not have predicted a 2nd place finish a year ago. They did all they could.

Why would anyone actually watch the TV feed? Just check the twitter feeds of the following great Deac Recruiting update sites

https://twitter.com/wakerivals
https://twitter.com/bloggersodear

And before you say "I'm too old for Twitter" or "I don't have Twitter".... you don't need to "HAVE" it. It's just a website like any other. Go to it, read it. Lurk. It's all good. The news about where this chump was going to go had been leaked before the "decision" was actually on TV. A MD recruiting site had it with quotes.

The part I can't get past is if he asked coaches from both teams to tune in. Any classy recruit should respectfully notify the staff of a decision via phone. Hope HS coaches would pass that gem of wisdom along.

I don't have any issue with him personally but Geez do these people not have anyone with an ounce of class. It's ridiculous. We have known for months he was probably going to Maryland. Fine.

It should be, " I would truly like to thank all of the schools and coaches....each had great things.... In the end.... I choose to stay home.

Great son congrats. This hat shit is ridiculous. So yeah fuck him and anyone else who does that hat dick tease bullshit.

Last edited:
Yes! I certain,y didn't tune in. What pisses me off is I feel for our coaches. That is no way to handle things.

Why would anyone actually watch the TV feed? Just check the twitter feeds of the following great Deac Recruiting update sites

https://twitter.com/wakerivals
https://twitter.com/bloggersodear

And before you say "I'm too old for Twitter" or "I don't have Twitter".... you don't need to "HAVE" it. It's just a website like any other. Go to it, read it. Lurk. It's all good. The news about where this chump was going to go had been leaked before the "decision" was actually on TV. A MD recruiting site had it with quotes.

The part I can't get past is if he asked coaches from both teams to tune in. Any classy recruit should respectfully notify the staff of a decision via phone. Hope HS coaches would pass that gem of wisdom along.

Back