• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 SHEEP – Regular Season Week 1

Just got a chance to check in. Independent isn't a political affiliation, it's the lack of an affiliation. I still knew a lot of people would put it though.

Also can't believe I was the only person who put equestrian for the sport. It's the only one where the "athlete" doesn't have to do anything athletic

Nobody here has watched olympic shooting apparently.

I won't sticky next week's, we'll see how that affects participation. Just need people to try and bump when they can at least.

I think a sticky's fine for the lead-up, but I'd un-stick it as soon as the reveal starts.

I would also put "**CLOSED**" in the thread title after the deadline passed. Might catch a few more eyes that way.

I thought the horse got the medal. Independent is a political affiliation in some states. I think if you register as an independent in North Carolina you vote in their primaries id they ever have one. May be the function of open v. Closed primaries though rather than anything else though.

Independent never even crossed my mind.

I thought the horse got the medal. Independent is a political affiliation in some states. I think if you register as an independent in North Carolina you vote in their primaries id they ever have one. May be the function of open v. Closed primaries though rather than anything else though.

Independent never even crossed my mind.

I am registered as an "independent" in North Carolina - it just means I didn't pick a party when I registered. There is no such thing as an independent primary, because like I said, it's not an affiliation. There is no Independent Party.

As an independent in North Carolina, I can get any party's ballot when voting in a primary (but obviously not more than one party per election).

Oh I thought if you registered as an independent you couldn't vote in anything since it was a registered party but if you wanted to vote in other primaries you had to register unaffiliated.

I am registered as an "independent" in North Carolina - it just means I didn't pick a party when I registered. There is no such thing as an independent primary, because like I said, it's not an affiliation. There is no Independent Party.

As an independent in North Carolina, I can get any party's ballot when voting in a primary (but obviously not more than one party per election).

That's not true everywhere. There is an Independent Party in Florida. If you want no affiliation, you register as NPA (no party affiliation).

http://dos.myflorida.com/elections/candidates-committees/political-parties/

ETA: What Numbers said.

Is HT a big NC thing? I looked at a map and there were a shitton of food lions near Wake and the ACC Food Lion commercials and FAIL
Food Lion is out of Salisbury, and HT is out of Indian Trail, both relatively close geographically to WFU.

Socioeconomic wise, Food Lion shoppers are slightly above Walmart grocery shoppers, whereas HT more closely aligns with the WFU student body.

Cookout's Good Arm - 1384
Fear the Bear - 1273
Bleating Optimists - 1206
Hops Holes - 1197
Electric Bugaloo - 1196
Team Krabby Patty - 1192
Team Crippling Pressure - 1144
TBD - 1132
Team #Soccer Drooligans - 1108
Team Porcelain Gods - 1100
Team Greatful Dead - 1021

39226-SjqQ1gif-BYVv.gif

Wow. Not a good week. I though Kroger was more of a national brand - I think they own H-T. But I guess not. I blanked on the SO purchase thing - the lack of gender specification threw me... I was torn between Gladiator and Cast Away and went with the wrong one.
I though silver was a gimmee - and that golf would be #1 for unathletic Olympians - as much crap as people have talked about golfers not being athletes...
Oh, and I said gardening for the gloves thing because the questions asked for something where gloves are worn - and you only wear one glove for baseball, golf, etc. Overthought that one...

Last edited:
Back