• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 College Football Coaching Carousel

Officially open:
LSU
Purdue

Expected to be open:
Texas
Baylor

Keep an eye on:
Notre Dame
Oregon
Arizona

LSU press conference to announce new coach at 1 pm ET today.

Ed Ogeron getting the big job. LSU done goofed, but they got their Gumbo. Congrats to the Longhorns.

Surely Texas will come up with a big name. They've got crazy money to throw at a new coach.

Ed Ogeron getting the big job. LSU done goofed, but they got their Gumbo. Congrats to the Longhorns.

Really? That is a goof if true. If it is, the thinking must be using the Dabo-Clemson model of just having a cheerleader head coach to promote the program and love up the players and hire great assistants to do the real coaching.

Lane Kiffin is rumored to be the new offensive coordinator for LSU. Seems like he would stay put or take a head coaching position somewhere instead.

Really? That is a goof if true. If it is, the thinking must be using the Dabo-Clemson model of just having a cheerleader head coach to promote the program and love up the players and hire great assistants to do the real coaching.

That model has worked pretty good for Clemson.
Would think others might try the same thing.

Lane Kiffin is rumored to be the new offensive coordinator for LSU. Seems like he would stay put or take a head coaching position somewhere instead.

My thoughts exactly. He's going to cost a lot for LSU, he will continue to stack his resume with championships at bama, and is absolutely in the talk for HC jobs elsewhere.

Why are people crazy to get Herman? Dude just lost to SMU, Navy, and Memphis in the same season...

My thoughts exactly. He's going to cost a lot for LSU, he will continue to stack his resume with championships at bama, and is absolutely in the talk for HC jobs elsewhere.

Maybe part of the Coach O hiring was the ability to pay some assistants a ton of money?

He and Orgeron have been friends for over a decade. He'll get paid even more than he is at AL and won't be publicly embarrassed the way Saban does.

That model has worked pretty good for Clemson.
Would think others might try the same thing.

There's one key difference, we've seen Coach O as a head coach and it was a disaster. Dabo had never been a head coach. I hope it works out, I'm no LSU fan, but I also want to see them good since they are probably the biggest threat to Bama.

Officially open:
LSU
Purdue

Expected to be open:
Texas
Baylor

Keep an eye on:
Notre Dame
Oregon
Arizona

Cincy is almost certain to dump Tommy Tuberville.

Board favorite Kliff Kingsbury is on the hot seat at Texas Tech, but he somehow has a huge buyout that will save him for another year. Bob Diaco at UCONN is also in trouble (they haven't scored a TD since October 22). Rich Rod at Arizona and Todd Graham at Arizona State both have had abysmal years, and either could get dumped. The Georgia State job is open.

If Rich Rod gets canned, he should be Orgeron's first phone call.

He and Orgeron have been friends for over a decade. He'll get paid even more than he is at AL and won't be publicly embarrassed the way Saban does.
Never gonna happen. Would be an idiotic career move.

Back