• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't mind tossing a 3rd or 4th rounder their way and see if they bite. Probably wouldn't, though.

We don't need him anymore. I think our offense outside of our OL is set assuming Kelvin gets handcuffed to a treadmill for the next three months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We don't need him anymore. I think our offense outside of our OL is set assuming Kelvin gets handcuffed to a treadmill for the next three months.

You wouldn't prefer a healthy Watkins to Funions, Shepherd, or new Charles Johnson? I know I would. May not be worth the cash though for a potential 1 year rental, as a good year will get him paid.

I think a one year rental could be worth it. The WR corps looks rough. Coming back down south may be good for Watkins.

I'd be all in for taking a shot at Watkins. A potential lineup of KB, Watkins, Olsen, CMC, Jstew... Sounds to me like one that would put up a lot of points and hurt you multiple ways.

There's no shame in letting go of your Boston and Benwikere after three years. They were picked at the bottom of the 4th and 5th rounds and Boston had a big salary escalation coming. Average NFL career is 3.3 years and those guys will continue to make rosters. The Ealy thing didn't work out and that was a bad pick in the second round. If Benjamin doesn't have a good year, this year, he's got to be considered a bust.

2,000 yards and 16 TDs in two years is pretty damn solid. I think he runs lazy routes and can't seem to stay in shape, but bust is harsh.

2,000 yards and 16 TDs in two years is pretty damn solid. I think he runs lazy routes and can't seem to stay in shape, but bust is harsh.

Maybe so, but for a skill position the end of the first round you'd be expecting big production in years 3 and 4, not wondering if he's going to show up this Sunday.

You wouldn't prefer a healthy Watkins to Funions, Shepherd, or new Charles Johnson? I know I would. May not be worth the cash though for a potential 1 year rental, as a good year will get him paid.

I'm bullish on Samuel. I think he's just as important as CMC. His floor is a more versatile Ginn. I think the combination of him and CMC are going to make it a lot easier for Benjamin and Funchess outside.

I'm bullish on Samuel. I think he's just as important as CMC. His floor is a more versatile Ginn. I think the combination of him and CMC are going to make it a lot easier for Benjamin and Funchess outside.

So we're going to be scary quick/fast inside, and fat and slow outside.

But Benjamin was never supposed to be the fast guy. He's supposed to be able to go over the middle and catch Cam's sailing throws and win jump balls in the end zone.

I'm still trying to figure out why we drafted Funchess. He's not fast and he's not as big as Benjamin.

But Benjamin was never supposed to be the fast guy. He's supposed to be able to go over the middle and catch Cam's sailing throws and win jump balls in the end zone.

I'm still trying to figure out why we drafted Funchess. He's not fast and he's not as big as Benjamin.

Yeah I loved the Benjamin pick and I still do. He doesn't need to be the fastest guy, just in shape. Funchess is a mystery.

You could point to two really bad plays by KB last year that more or less cost us the game both times (KC and Minn). He's got to clean that up

He had better numbers than everyone in Atlanta or Tampa not named Julio Jones or Mike Evans. But okay.

KB and Funchess blocking on screen passes to CMC, or tunnel screens to Samuel SOUNDS like a good idea.

Also, receive the opening kickoff of the season with McCaffrey and Samuel deep. Have whichever catches the kick run a reverse to the other for a 105 yard touchdown. That would really set the tone for the season.

And one would expect Julio and Evans to take touches away for the respective #2s. But Sanu is better than KB and Jackson is certainly better.

Okay. You're right. Benjamin doesn't fit on the fucking Falcons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back