• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really on Cam in my mind. He plays at or near his level from last year this season, we'll roll. Though drawing the Cards and Seahawks in the playoffs two straight years would be something I'd love to avoid.

Why? I think it's pretty clear Arizona can't beat us in Charlotte

They were without Honey Badger and in the offseason acquired Chandler Jones and Evan Mathis. That team is stacked. Carson Palmer is a donk and doesn't scare me in Charlotte, but that roster is probably the strongest in the league outside of the QB

Half of Fitz career drops have come on BoA turf*

*stat may be true but is probably made up

It's really on Cam in my mind. He plays at or near his level from last year this season, we'll roll. Though drawing the Cards and Seahawks in the playoffs two straight years would be something I'd love to avoid.

We also need Oher to be as big as he was last season. We'll be forced to try and fill our LT with a FA (something that is never enviable) if he goes down, or simply regresses.

Speaking of OL depth, have there been any positive reports on Daryl Williams this off/pre-season?

We also need Oher to be as big as he was last season. We'll be forced to try and fill our LT with a FA (something that is never enviable) if he goes down, or simply regresses.

Speaking of OL depth, have there been any positive reports on Daryl Williams this off/pre-season?

Just read that he's likely the #1 backup at both tackle spots. Foucault is not likely to make the roster.

I know we say this every year, but you gotta think GMan will draft a LT early next year. Every other position except DE looks to be very strong and have quality depth assuming reports on the secondary are correct.

Last edited:

• Center/guard Reese Dismukes, a practice squad player last year, showed he should get a chance to stick around when he got playing time in place of Kalil, who sat out most of Monday’s practice. Physically, the two are almost carbon copies. Wouldn’t be surprising to see journeyman Gino Gradkowski as the odd-man out.

This is interesting. I heard Gino was underwhelming, but this would be a bold move. This is such a young team. Crazy that it's so good.

I love this quote from Rivera:

“It’s going very well, it really is,” says coach Ron Rivera. “I’m not apprehensive [about the situation] because [in the past] we’ve had to go with a rookie quarterback, a rookie middle linebacker, and I’ve always been with teams that put rookies on the field. It’s all part of the challenge of coaching and of having the football team that we’re having to develop. Part of that development is playing young guys. These guys just happen to be young guys that we’re going to play.”

Funny that the same team has been the opponent for both the best and worst B of A Stadium playoff experiences

j8feddk4iqex.jpg

I think the Packers get the 1 -- they have the cake NFC East/AFC South setup we rode to the 1 last year.

But I have no doubts we can beat them in Lambeau in the playoffs. More concerned with finishing above Seattle so we don't have to go there twice this year

Saw a quote from Rivera that he considers Tolbert and Fozzy the co-number 2 back behind Stew. Someone tell me why we wouldn't keep CAP and Wegher over Fozzy.

I was trying to figure out who that woman was with Kelvin..

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back