• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think DE could be a dumpster fire and I would be fine taking one in the first and the big Nova dude in the late 2nd.

I still just don't trust Gettleman with this pick. I think he likes to stand out and look smarter than everyone else - especially the "experts" which really bug him - and I think he thinks it makes him look like the crusty old curmudgeon genius when he goes against the grain. He cultivates that. Plus, I think he likes this reputation he has built for liking big defenders and hog mollies. So, I am afraid that Jonathan Allen will drop to us and Gettleman won't be able to resist. Now, Allen is a great player and I think he's a future regular Pro-Bowler, but the Panthers need a Pro Bowl player on the offensive side of the ball at #8. I think that maybe there is a good chance that a couple fo QBs get picked ahead of us and things get shook up a little, and Fournette will possibly be there at 8. If he isn't then I am just as good with McCaffrey at that pick. I think McCaffrey is going to be a great player. He will likely have a longer career than Fournette and I think CM will be the perfect locker room fit for Carolina too. I am 50/50 on those two RBs.

Where does this keep coming from? If you don't think Gettleman is goign to pick who he thinks the best players available at each pick to help him win Carolina a championship I don't know what to tell you. I doubt he even knows who the talking heads are mocking to the Panthers.

I think DE could be a dumpster fire and I would be fine taking one in the first and the big Nova dude in the late 2nd.

You want to take 2 DEs in the first 2 rounds, when we just paid 3 FA DEs? Please, no.

1 would be fine, but this team has bigger needs (RB, TE, WR, S).

Here's my dream draft:

Barnett
Obi
Kupp or Samuel
Antonio Garcia
Foreman

Interesting mock on NFL Network a few mins ago with both QBs and both RBs being there @ #8. If that happens, hopefully we can trade down for a QB happy team and still get one of the RBs.

8 hours away!

Interesting mock on NFL Network a few mins ago with both QBs and both RBs being there @ #8. If that happens, hopefully we can trade down for a QB happy team and still get one of the RBs.

8 hours away!

Yeah, that's the dream scenario. The Ringer's mock had Fournette plummeting with us taking McCaffrey @8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We HAVE to draft a TE in this class. It's a deep TIGHT END class. I want Bucky Hodges.

You want to take 2 DEs in the first 2 rounds, when we just paid 3 FA DEs? Please, no.

1 would be fine, but this team has bigger needs (RB, TE, WR, S).

Two of those FAs were on the team last year. And the other one is Peppers, and he's 40. All above 30. We could use a lot more young talent at that spot.

Rumor is that Cleveland is considering Trubisky with the #1 overall. Chicago supposedly taking Adams at #3. If this is legit (dubious), then one of the four DE's could fall to us.
Some are comparing McCaffery to Marshall Faulk, so there's that.

I'm in the Adams camp, but it is doubtful he falls to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back