• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread: Acuna #1 by multiple sources

Acuna was named #1 prospect by Keith Law, Baseball America. #2 by MLBPipeline behind Ohtani.

Law said that he thinks this is the first time a team's top 10 has ever been in his top 100...so we're stacked still. I think Maitan only made one list. Best farm according to Law & BA. The lists vary on who is placed where but all in all I think we have 12-14 different players ranked in the top 100. Law is really low on Riley while BA and MLBP are fairly high.

Acuna better be good enough to start from day 1 or we are in trouble. Obviously we could try to hold him from starting day 1 to have control of him longer.

Hoping for a good Junior year for Bae.

Acuna better be good enough to start from day 1 or we are in trouble. Obviously we could try to hold him from starting day 1 to have control of him longer.

Hoping for a good Junior year for Bae.

Unless the Braves think he is enough of a difference maker to be the difference between making the playoffs and not making them, then the smart decision would be to start him at AAA and bring him up a little later in the spring, thereby keeping control for an additional year.

Spring training isn’t bringing me back to baseball this year like it has in the past. We’ll see as we get closer to opening day I guess.

Went to the game against the Pirates today. I think Folty would have walked 10 if he stayed in the game long enough. Kinda bummed I didn't get to see Acuna play. I may try to see the split squad game against the Nats on Thursday.

McCarthy is our ace. At least for the 100 innings he's capable of. Seems like the only guy to take the mound who has struck out more than he walked.

Acuna hasn't hit a ball hard from the sound of it, so it should be much easier to give him time in AAA to at least secure the extra year of control.

I haven't been able to watch much of the ST games that have been televised but it would be nice if Preston Tucker was for real and could bump Markakis to a part time role.

McCarthy is our ace. At least for the 100 innings he's capable of. Seems like the only guy to take the mound who has struck out more than he walked.

Acuna hasn't hit a ball hard from the sound of it, so it should be much easier to give him time in AAA to at least secure the extra year of control.

This looks pretty funny now. Acuna is destroying ST. Since starting 0-7, he's 19-37 w/ 4 homers.

Teheran named opening day starter for 5th straight year. Starting rotation is looking like Teheran, McCarthy, Folty, Newcomb, and maybe Kazmir/Gohara (if he comes back from injury)??

This looks pretty funny now. Acuna is destroying ST. Since starting 0-7, he's 19-37 w/ 4 homers.

Right on cue as he was just reassigned to minor league camp. Hardly shocking, though. We'll see him about 10-12 games into the season.

Back