• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Masters Contest - Doofus WINS!

Thanks for putting this together. Anyone have a guess on the cut line today?

My guess is +5.

The 10-shot rule will add a few to the Top 50. I don't see anyone being better than -5 after today.

ETA: Unless it's Hoffman. He just birdied #2 to go -8. Still, I figure he will run into a couple of rough spots before his round is over. #2 is a birdie hole, so making 4 there isn't really that much of a big deal. Making 4 on #1 was important for him, though. That's a fairly difficult hole to begin a round with. Saw where the defending champion made an 8 on it earlier today. To give you an idea of the relative difficulties of the first two holes, Stenson began the day double bogey-eagle. All four of the guys at the top of the leaderboard right now birdied #2 today.

Last edited:
Have three guys under par and four in the top 30 but need Spieth to make the cut or I''ll miss the cut myself with Fatrick and Bubba imploding (BKF rejoices).

Bubba Watson's on my team because he has NEVER missed the cut at the Masters- he's 5 over through 6 today and at +7 overall. :eek:hnoes:

Have three guys under par and four in the top 30 but need Spieth to make the cut or I''ll miss the cut myself with Fatrick and Bubba imploding (BKF rejoices).

Spieth had three 3-putts yesterday. That's not like him. Putting is his strength.

Westwood has been up & down. Seems like he plays the back nine much better than he plays the front nine. If Westwood can't win, I'll be pulling for Sergio to win....another guy with a great career but no major title.

You probably don't like him, either.

I had it down to RCB and Sjeldson...OOPS

You make a statement like that...after the fact...in almost every one of these contests. I was all set to take Hoffman, Garcia, McGirt & Moore but changed my mind at the last minute.

And who is Sjeldson?

With the leaders backing up I don't think you have much to worry about as far as not having 4 guys make the cut. Right now, +7 is in.

(And Westwood just missed the green on #10, then 3-putted from 5 feet for a double bogey. That should bring a smile to your face. :) )

ETA: What's going on with Westwood? I was following it on the Masters website scoreboard tracker. It had him lying 3, 5 feet from the hole, then put up a double bogey on the website scoreboard....so I assumed that he had 3-putted from there. Now I see that they have changed it back to a par.

And I also just saw that Sergio made a triple bogey on #10. I think he is playing with Westwood. The website scoreboard must have temporarily mixed up the shots from those two players.

Last edited:
You make a statement like that...after the fact...in almost every one of these contests. I was all set to take Hoffman, Garcia, McGirt & Moore but changed my mind at the last minute.

And who is Sjeldson?

It must take effort to be as bitter and pissy as you are 24/7/365.

My bad Kjedsen. He came in 7th last year. The Masters is "horse for course" tournament. It's why so many take Angel Cabrera.

Westwood is such a weak, choking bastard.

Apparently he hit it over the green in two into the bushes and played a provisional, and there's some question (or it's just unclear) about which ball he found and/or played.

Amazingly the cut is now at +6 but Speith, Mick & Rose are just starting.

Apparently he hit it over the green in two into the bushes and played a provisional, and there's some question (or it's just unclear) about which ball he found and/or played.

Don't see how it would be unclear unless he hit his provisional over there too?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Paul Casey in the final group on Sunday. His name has hardly been mentioned, but he is now tied for 3rd at -1 and he finished 6th & 4th there in the last two years.

(Tied for 4th now. Fowler just moved to -2.)

ETA: Guess I jinxed him. After I made this post Casey made three straight bogeys.

Last edited:
I had it down to RCB and Sjeldson...OOPS

And who is Sjeldson?

It must take effort to be as bitter and pissy as you are 24/7/365.

maxresdefault.jpg

Long story short, Sergio is too hard on himself. He clearly has the talent to win a major but not the confidence. Seems a lot looser these days.

Back