• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 U.S. Open Contest - DeaconDog holds on to win!

team cville

5 Spieth
10 Day
50 Casey
60 Schwartzel
125 RCB - he can't let me down twice in a row
150 Cink

total 400

Really like DJ's and McIlroy's chances, but they haven't played as much recently, so that scared me off. I'm a little concerned I only have 1 really long guy in Day. Like Rahm, Scott, Noren and Stenson this week as well.

Dustin Johnson 0
Rory McIlroy 10
Adam Scott 30
Francesco Molinari 85
Steve Stricker 125
Jim Furyk 150

Total: 400

team cville

5 Spieth
10 Day
50 Casey
60 Schwartzel
125 RCB - he can't let me down twice in a row
150 Cink

total 400

Really like DJ's and McIlroy's chances, but they haven't played as much recently, so that scared me off. I'm a little concerned I only have 1 really long guy in Day. Like Rahm, Scott, Noren and Stenson this week as well.

That's what i'm most interested to see this week. Do the long hitters end up having the advantage on such a big course or will the fairway firmness and super pure greens give the benefit to the best ball strikers and putters in the world. Will be a lot of fun to watch either way.

Surprised more people didn't pick Rahm. I liked him but didn't want to be in with a bunch of other people on him. I think he's got a great shot.

Webb Simpson 150
McGirt 150
Kisner 50
D. Johnson 0
Matsuyama 30
Stenson 33
Total : 413

DJ - 0
Matsuyama - 30
Dufner - 50
Snedeker - 80
Walker - 100
McDowell - 150
Total = 410

Looked at it for less than 5 minutes this time... Have been on the road the last few days.

That jerk Hoffman is off to another hot start.

DJ-0
Matsuyama - 30
Garcia - 30
Perez - 150
Fleetwood - 125
Horschel - 60

Dustin Johnson - 0
Jason Day - 10
Sergio Garcia - 30
Charl Schwartzel - 60
Kevin Na - 150
Jim Furyk - 150

Total - 400

Also pulling for my son's friend, Scott Harvey. My son & his wife flew up there yesterday with some other Sedgefield members to cheer Scott on today & tomorrow. He did the same thing two years ago when Scott qualified for the 2015 Masters by winning the 2014 U.S. Mid-Amateur. Fortunately, two days at the U.S. Open won't be nearly as costly as two days at the Masters.

Scott is even thru 3 holes. So far, so good.

(And, of course, I always pull for Lee Westwood. It would be great to see him finally get a majors win after all these years. He is running out of time)

I think this is going to be a good course for Westy. Shaved areas around the greens will give some options to hide his crappy chipping.

59 total teams. Most popular players picked are:

Golfer Selections
Dustin Johnson 32
Jordan Spieth 27
Jason Day 17
Rory McIlroy 17
Webb Simpson 15
Steve Stricker 14
Adam Scott 13
Justin Rose 11
Sergio Garcia 11
Kevin Kisner 10
Jon Rahm 8

My team for disclosure purposes: Rory, Rahm, JT, Bubba, Know and Lovemark

Lovemark?

Think what would happen if he married Mary Hickey. She'd be Mary Hickey-Lovemark.

Last edited:
Billy Horshel got a 9 on the first hole.

Honestly might pull a Tiger Woods after that...”Ouch, by back”. Go to the Hotel and order a few cold ones and catch a flight home for Father’s day.

Spieth 5
Garcia 30
Oosthuizen 50
Westwood 65
Stricker 125
Johnson 125

Mine:
D Johnson 0
J Spieth 5
B Koepka 40
M Kuchar 55
C Hoffman 150
B DeChambeau 150
TOTAL 400

Spieth and DeChambeau are the guys who have played a tournament on this course (both as amateurs).

Back