• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-19 College Basketball Season-Long Thread

51036575_10157081187921834_4573949551001468928_n.jpg

Syracuse men’s basketball coach Jim Boeheim struck and killed a man walking outside his vehicle on Interstate 690 around midnight, a source has confirmed for Syracuse.com | The Post-Standard.

The man in his 30s had been in a car with four others near Thompson Road in Syracuse when their vehicle crashed for unknown reasons, said a source familiar with the investigation.

The man at some point got out of his vehicle, the source said.

That’s when Boeheim drove by and struck the pedestrian, the source said.

https://www.syracuse.com/crime/2019...-boeheim-hits-kills-man-walking-on-i-690.html

Syracuse men’s basketball coach Jim Boeheim struck and killed a man walking outside his vehicle on Interstate 690 around midnight, a source has confirmed for Syracuse.com | The Post-Standard.

The man in his 30s had been in a car with four others near Thompson Road in Syracuse when their vehicle crashed for unknown reasons, said a source familiar with the investigation.

The man at some point got out of his vehicle, the source said.

That’s when Boeheim drove by and struck the pedestrian, the source said.

https://www.syracuse.com/crime/2019...-boeheim-hits-kills-man-walking-on-i-690.html

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...acuse-jim-boeheim-involved-fatal-car-accident

So, who had the worst day on Wednesday, February 20, 2019?

I am going with Boeheim.

Followed by Zion. Of course he will return. It is Duke, and Coach K. Anywhere else, he sits for the rest of the season. Duke and K: too self-centered and arrogant, myopic, to consider a shut down.

Then anyone affiliated with Nike.

Reggie Love just because he went to Duke.

And last, that jerkoff who flew his family of 4 in from Seattle (BANDWAGON DUKE FAN) for $8000 tickets plus expenses.

Josh Graham
@JoshGrahamRadio
Zion Williamson on Scottie Pippen's comments: "I can't just stop playing. I'd be letting my teammates down, I'd be letting Coach K down, I'd be letting a lot of people down. If I wanted to sit out, I wouldn't have went to college. I came to Duke to play." @SportsHubTriad

classic from virginia board:

Feel badly for Duke. At times like these, many turn to Scripture

Psalm 2019

Yeah in the land of the K’nanites, in the valley of Zion, a great giant had joined the population. In this valley, where Hurli begat Wohjoh, who begat Reddick, who begat Simon Trippi, the people were joyous. Victory after victory had been won with the giant smiting their foes in battle. Yet, when their fiercest enemies came upon them, the great giant fell imminently when his sandals failed, leading to great panic among the people. The enemies triumphed, bringing suffering and famine to the land of the K’nanites.
The great teacher then rose to prominence, echoing the lesson from on high: what the sandals bringeth, they can taketh away!

I am going with Boeheim.

Followed by Zion. Of course he will return. It is Duke, and Coach K. Anywhere else, he sits for the rest of the season. Duke and K: too self-centered and arrogant, myopic, to consider a shut down.

And last, that jerkoff who flew his family of 4 in from Seattle (BANDWAGON DUKE FAN) for $8000 tickets plus expenses.

I vote for the guy who got out of his car on I-690 and ate Jim Boeheim’s grill as his last meal

Some Syracuse people pointed this out. ESPN Gameday is tomorrow at the Carrier Dome for Duke v Syracuse. They were supposed to interview K and Boeheim pregame, but the storylines are going to be about Zion and the car accident. Do the coaches even show up to College Gameday? Maybe not.

I love the irony of this thread. When I suggested Ja Morant might consider sitting out to protect being a Top 3-5 pick, it was considered ridiculous.

Gotta love it...

This Duke team is the best defensive team they've had in years, and it has enabled K to play man D like they used to. But that D just ain't nearly as good without Zion in there.

I don't get this talk of Zion shutting it down. I agree with draftable football players not playing in their bowl games unless they're in the final 4 because blowing out a knee can knock them down a round or 2 and cost them millions of dollars. Jaylon Smith is the perfect example - he went from the top 5 to early round 2. But it's different in hoops. If he blows out a knee in the tourney, he'll still be the 1 or 2 pick and be playing in January. Look at Porter last year - he still went top 10 with his injury. And if Zion isn't playing actual games once he's healthy, he'll still be on the court working on his game. He could just as easily get injured practicing as he could in an actual game.

The more interesting question is what kind of shoes will he be wearing when he returns. On Golic and Wingo this a.m., 1 athlete was saying that LeBron has specially made shoes considering his frame. Fortunately for Duke and Nike, LeBron is still a Nike guy. If he weren't, it would have been hilarious seeing Zion switch brands for the rest of the season.

Porter went #14 not #10. Most mock drafts had him at worst as #3. Over the first four years of his contract, Porter lost about $13M in salary alone. If he had gone #1, it would have been $20M.

I am going with Boeheim.

I say the guy who Boeheim hit!

Didn't realize he slid out of the top 10. But I stand by what I said about Zion. He's still a top 2 pick if he tears an ACL or Achilles. Now if I'm K, I may hold him out of the rest of the regular season to ensure he's healthy for the 2 tourneys.

Didn't realize he slid out of the top 10. But I stand by what I said about Zion. He's still a top 2 pick if he tears an ACL or Achilles. Now if I'm K, I may hold him out of the rest of the regular season to ensure he's healthy for the 2 tourneys.

ESPN would be pissed. What would their college basketball content be without Zion?

Back